I have completely fallen out of the habit of using lipgloss over the past few years. While years ago I turned to them often, lately I just haven’t been reaching for them. Even though I have some beautiful formulas in my collection I just wasn’t using them. The new Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lipgloss ($23 CAD/$20 USD) has changed that for me. I have been turning to these lipglosses regularly. Whether it’s wearing one of the richly pigmented cream finish shades all on it’s own, or layering a sheerer iridescent or cream formula over my favorite lipsticks, they have been getting steady use since they made their arrival. They feel and smell so good I just can’t help but want to use them every day.
Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lipgloss Formula
The Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine formula includes Vitamin E and peppermint oil to hydrate and nourish the lips while offering a subtle plumping effect. The vanilla-mint flavor is AMAZING! I can’t get enough of the smell, and yes taste, of it. Even my son was sitting beside me the one day and asked what smelled so yummy. I said “that’s Mommy!” and gave him a big ‘ol smooch?
The formula isn’t sticky but has a subtle tackiness, in a good way. It has a soft cushy feel that has enough grab to the lips that it doesn’t disappear instantly like some watery, totally non-sticky formulas can. They give lips and beautiful healthy shine that looks gorgeous at any age.
The packaging is has a clear front and back to easily see the shade within. The iridescent, metallic tube with it’s rectangular shape with rounded edges is modern and convenient to carry. The applicator is a flocked-silicone paddle that deposits the perfect amount of gloss and applies it with precision and ease.
Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lipgloss Shades
There are four finishes:
- Cream (C)
- Sheer Cream (SC)
- Holographic (H)
- Metallic (M)
For the most part the Cream finish glosses are very pigmented. This is my absolute favorite finish in the collection. I have noted which shades I found more on the sheer side in the color descriptions. The Sheer Creams are of course more sheer. I LOVE that they have made these distinctions because when shopping for a shade the creams and sheer creams can look the same in the tube. It’s hard to know which will be pigmented and which will be more translucent. The Holographic shades are more a sheer finish, excellent for a lipstick topper to transform the finish and shade. The Metallic shades are more densley pigmented shimmers.
There are a total of 20 shades available. That is an impressive lipgloss range if you ask me! There is something here for everyone to love! Multidimensional shimmers, sheers, nudes, pigmented creams, and vibrant colors.
- Fireball (H) – holographic peach with pink sparkle (sheer)
- Obsessed (SC) – baby pink cream (sheer)
- Rapture (C) – rose-mauve cream (sheer)
- Naked (SC) – nude-pink cream with pearly pink shift (sheer)
- Backtalk (C) – mauve-nude pink cream
- Beso (C) – deep pink-mauve cream
- Savage (C) – electric pink cream
- Big Bang (M) – metallic hot pink sparkle
- Snitch (C) – bright coral cream
- Bang (C) – bright orange-red cream
- Goldmine (M) – metallic bright gold
- Midnight Cowgirl (SC) – nude cream with gold shimmer (sheer)
- Fuel (C) – light neutral nude cream
- Dirty Talk (M) – metallic burgundy with pink shimmer
- 1993 (C) – medium brown cream (slightly sheer)
- Shadowheart (M) – chocolate brown with gold sparkle
- Snapped (H) – holographic deep plum with blue shimmer (slightly sheer)
- SPL (H) – holographic candy pink with iridescent sparkle (sheer)
- Candy Flip (H) – holographic lavender with blue-pink sparkle (sheer)
- Jawbreaker (C) – classic purple cream
Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lipgloss Swatches
Fireball (H) / Obsessed (SC) / Rapture (C) / Naked (SC) / Backtalk (C) / Beso (C) / Savage (C) / Big Bang (M) / Snitch (C) / Bang (C)
Goldmine (M) / Midnight Cowgirl (SC) / Fuel (C) / Dirty Talk (M) / 1993 (C) / Shadowheart (M) / Snapped (H) / SPL (H) / Candy Flip (H) / Jawbreaker (C)
Have you tried out the new Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lipglosses? What are your favorite shades? Which shade are you most excited to try?