I have some VERY exciting news! MAC has released a collection of 9 and 15 shade eyeshadow palettes that are going to be permanent! There are four 9 pan palettes ($48 CAD ea/$63 CAD value) and two 15 pan palettes ($99 CAD ea/$192 value) available in the collection called Eyes on MAC. The Eyeshadow X 9 palettes are mini pans making these palettes very travel friendly. They contain 0.8 g/0.02 US oz of product which means each eyeshadow is 0.09 g/0.002 oz compared to the standard 1.5 g / 0.05 US oz. The Eyeshadow X 15 Palettes are full sized 15 pan palettes.
I am verifying that this is correct with my rep as even though the shadows are small in the 9 pan palettes, I don’t think they’re that small. I am just in love with these Eyeshadow X 9 Palettes! They are so cute and travel friendly. Not to mention they are an excellent way to try out a variety of MAC shades.
The four Eyeshadow X 9 Palettes are:
- Burgundy Times Nine (#Noir, Honey Lust, Quarry, Antiqued, Star Violet, Haux, Embark, Sketch, Poppyseed)
- Purple Times Nine (Sweet Lust, Poignant, Mancatcher, After Dusk, Beauty Marked, Satellite Dreams, Shadowy Lady, Lightly Sugared, Bon Nuit)
- Navy Times Nine (Silver Fog, Blonde Mink, Copperplate, JG Gray, Mulled Over, Cast Iron, Cloudscape, Club, Black Tied)
- Amber Times Nine (Georgia Peach, Cozy Grey, Creative Copper, Cork, Ricepaper, Kitties, Aromatic, Don’t Tell, Pepper Please)
The two Eyeshadow X 15 Palettes available are:
- Cool Neutral (Hey, Warm Breeze, Gingersnap, Dark Brew, Dance in the Dark, Brule, Vanilla Extract, Honey Lust, Amber Lights, Saddle, Lemon Tart, Butterfudge, Creative Copper, Unwind)
- Warm Neutral (Flounce, Sweet Allure, Sun Tweaked, Blackberry, After Dusk, Pick Me UP, Crushed Clove, Cozy Grey, Deception, Brun, Silver Fog, French Clay, Cumulus, Pearled Earth, Black Tied)
There are some repeats between the 15 pan palettes and the 9 pan palettes.
I am lucky enough to have the Navy Times Nine Palette to share with you today.
- Silver Fog – silver gray (Lustre)
- Blonde Mink – pale khaki with sparkles (Lustre)
- Copperplate – muted midtone gray (Matte)
- JG Gray – frosted gray blue (Frost)
- Mulled Over – matte cool blue ray (Matte)
- Cast Iron – matte charcoal (Matte)
- Cloudscape – khaki (Velvet)
- Club – redbrown with green pearl (Satin)
- Black Tied – black with silver sparkle (Velvet)
Club is quite warm compared to the other shades in the palette which makes it nice for really changing things up. I love the amount of matte shades they included. There are no overly shimmery shades making this a great palette for creating everything from natural everyday looks to sultry, smoky eyes. I do wish there weren’t so many Lustre formula shadows in the palette. I don’t find the fleck type glitter to be flattering on me. The Lustre in this palette though aren’t chunky at all though and apply quite smoothly, albeit a tad sheer. The one amusing thing about the Navy Times Nine palette is that there isn’t actually a navy shade in the palette. I actually really like the colour selections as they give a navy vibe without coming off so blue which isn’t always so wearable.
Here is a pic with my (very dirty) 30 pan palette for size reference.
Burgundy Times Nine has many of my absolute favourite MAC eyeshadows. I think I will at least have to pick up that one so that I have a travel friendly palette of my favourites on hand. What are you lusting over from this new collection? One can never have too many eyeshadows. FACT y’all!
Available now at MACCosmetics.com in Canada and the US, and at Nordstrom in the US.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.