I could take this opportunity to share a 5 Minute Face Look Tutorial with you. The thing is, the optimal 5 Minute Look can vary greatly from person to person. The key to having a 5 Minute Look you can turn to when you don’t have time to think, let alone do a complete makeup look, is to confidently know which few products you can turn to that will make the most impact in polishing your look and boosting your confidence in the least amount of time.
Finding Where Your 5 Minutes are best spent
Let’s take me for example. I have fair skin, hair, and lashes, and sparse fair brows, with small light eyes. My skin is in pretty good condition and I don’t struggle with much under eye darkness. Therefore, my 5 Minute Face focuses on bringing definition to my eyes. Curling my lashes, applying liner and mascara, and filling in my brows. If I run out of time to do anything with my skin I can live with that for a quick trip to the store or when I’m running late. I can just throw on some of my beloved Dior Addict Lip Glow that’s always in my purse and know that I look fresh and put together.
For someone else the priority may be colour correcting and concealing their under eye circles. Another woman might find her time best spent spot concealing breakouts and applying some blush. For others it might be all about the bold lip and groomed brows. It is all very INDIVIDUAL. It can also vary over time, so it is important to reassess once and a while so you know you always have that perfect quick look in your back pocket. During the summer your skin may have much more colour and evenness so a bright lip may better brighten your day. During the winter you may find yourself looking pale and washed out and turn to bronzer and blush. It’s all a fluctuating science.
The trick is to find the few products and techniques that have the most impact in making you feel confident and radiant. This isn’t about picking apart your flaws or being critical towards yourself. My overall washed out makeup free face is just a part of who I am as someone with fair skin and hair. It’s not a flaw. I’m not going to offend anyone going out in public bare faced. It’s about knowing I feel more confident when I have some definition to my eyes.
When creating your best 5 Minute Look follow these steps:
- Decide what features you most want to accentuate, or what concerns you are most concerned with addressing. (Eyes, brows, lips, skin, under eye circles, lack of color in your face, etc.)
- Determine which categories of products will address these needs. (Mascara, concealer, brow product etc.)
- Find your favorite products from these categories. The ones that you reach for the most often in your makeup collection.
- Decide which of these products are the quickest and easiest to use, access, open etc. (eg. Brow pencil vs. brow gel and separate brush, a clump free mascara, multi-purpose lip and cheek stick)
- Set these products in a special place so you always know where to find them, and they are grouped together for quick access. (In a special makeup bag, tray, special drawer in your acrylic organizer etc.) Don’t forget your favorite brushes and tools! This way you aren’t spending your precious 5 minutes searching for products.
There! You now have a 5 Minute Look available to you every day, without ever having to waste even 10 seconds thinking about what you’ll use. This is also perfect when travelling so you know you will always remember, at the very least, your essential ride or die products.
Here are some of my go to 5 Minute Look faves.
Find your free printable of Finding Your 5 Minute Face Makeup Look here!
Do you have any 5 Minute Makeup Look favorites?