The new Buxom Shimmer Shock Lipstick ($18 US/$23 CAD) is a handy twist-up chubby stick format lipstick. It has transparent finish with great colour coverage. The finish is intensely glossy with dimensional sparkle.
There are 12 available shades. All are permanent.
- Pyro – Shimmering light mauve
- Volatile – Sparkling sandstorm
- Flasher – Retro pink
- Uncontrollable – Illuminating peachy pink
- Fireball – Flickering red
- Dynamite – Sparkling watermelon
- Sexy Surge – Glittering electric pink
- Aftershock – Raspberry spark
- Va-Va-Voltage – Fuchsia flash
- Atomic Allure – Magenta flash
- Thunderbolt – Glitter eggplant
- Supercharged – Glimmering grape
The shades, of course being called Shimmer Shock, all contain shimmer. The shimmer is a beautiful, highly reflective kind of fleck glitter. It is the kind of shimmer that remains on the lips once the lip colour has worn off and likes to migrate.
The shades I have are Uncontrollable, Dynamite, Sexy Surge, Aftershock, Atomic Allure, Thunderbolt.
The shades are very vibrant and colourful. I think these will make great spring/summer lippies. Given the glossy shine they have quite a decent wear time. The twist up format, and soft creamy formula, makes it so easy to touch up on the go. They are moderately hydrating and have a slightly tacky feel on the lips. All six shades I have applied evenly with great pigmentation with the exception of Thunderbolt which was a bit sheerer than the other shades. The sheerer finish, paired with the deeper shade, resulted in a bit of an uneven finish.
Have you tried this new Buxom lipstick formula? Do you like a little shimmer in your lipstick?
Shop the post: