I LOVE Urban Decay Eyeshadow palettes and I LOVE anything with a celestial theme so you can imagine how excited I am to unleash my inner goddess with the mystical shades in the Urban Decay Elements Eyeshadow Palette ($52 USD/$65 CAD).
The packaging is freaking GORGEOUS! It features crystal patterns that speak right to my crystal loving heart. The inner palette surface features a golden celestial pattern that adds another dimension of sparkle to the packaging. The sacred geometry details are the perfect finishing touch. If you love both makeup and woo as much as I do then you are going to fall madly in love with this palette!
The palette includes 19 shades which are inspired by the elements – Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. There is a constellation of mattes, holographic shimmers, and intense metallics surrounding the center ultra-iridescent transformer shadow Luna at the heart of the palette. I am really loving the variety of shades in this palette. There are more adventurous colours paired with more neutral and earth-toned shades making the combinations almost endless.
Unlike the majority of Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes there is no matte base colour shade in the Elements palette. There are however two matte nudes that work beautifully in the crease as well as a matte bright pink for more adventurous looks. The remaining shades are all gorgeous shimmers and metallics. What I love about the shades in this palette is that they have so much dimension and interesting qualities. Whether it’s multi-tonal sparkles that really catch the light, or iridescent shifts these colours all add a special quality to your look that is just more playful than most eyeshadows you’ll find. My favourites are Silver Burn, Moon Rock, Ego, and Lioness. These shades make the palette for me and I wish my swatches could truly capture their beauty.
The shades in the Urban Decay Elements Palette are:
- Luna – white shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle
- Tectonic – chocolate brown with iridescent micro-sparkle
- Moon Rock – metallic copper with iridescent sparkle
- Volcanic – bronze metallic
- Elemental – sienna matte
- Fool’s Gold – metallic gold with tonal sparkle
- Earth Bound – forest green satin with tonal micro-shimmer
- Secret Keeper – bright green satin with gold shift
- Antidote – soft warm nude
- Sapphire Dream – bright navy blue metallic
- Heavy Water – bright metallic teal
- Lioness – smoky burgundy satin with bronze sparkle
- Fire Starter – deep red with gold micro-shimmer
- Dream Weaver – bright pink matte
- Ego – soft pinkish-purple with blue micro-shimmer
- Hex Remedy – bright purple with iridescent sparkle
- Silver Burn – smoky purple with pink iridescent sparkle
- Fortune Teller – metallic pink-red with green 3-D sparkle and shift
- Electric Air – pinkish silver with iridescent micro-glitter
I have created several dramatically different looks from the palette already and I am absolutely loving it. The lasting power and colour payoff of the shadows is really impressive. Including the blues and purples!
Are you excited to pick up this palette? I think it really will make a great holiday gift for the makeup lover on your list.
Shop the post: