Holiday Stockings were never a huge source of excitement for me. Socks, underwear, with a few yummy chocolates and candy were certainly appreciated and practical, just never a source of great anticipation growing up. Well times have changed, and especially as adults, our stocking can get pretty darn exciting. Take this opportunity to wow and surprise with compact, yet impressive, gifts. This week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten team is sharing our Top 10 Stocking Stuffer Ideas. Mine will of course be beauty related.
1) Sleek and Slim Makeup Palettes
The possibilities here are almost endless. Sleek, slim makeup palettes are the perfect stocking stuffer for any beauty lover. Whether they be affordable or a luxurious splurge, these eye and look palettes are sure to be a hit.
- essence How to Make Bright Eyes and How to Make Nude Eyes Make Up Boxes ($9.99 CAD ea)
- essence Eyeshadow Palettes ($4.99 CAD) in All About Sunrise and All About Nude
- bareMinerals The Magic Act ($49 CAD)
- Hard Candy Top Ten Trendsetter Palettes ($5.98 CAD ea)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics and Naked2 Basics Palettes ($34 CAD ea)
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Raw Garden Eye Shadow Palette in Chronos ($59 US)
- Yves Saint Laurent Holiday 2014 Wildly Gold Collection Palette Collector Wild Edition ($100 CAD)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.3 – Plush Shadow in The Rebel ($49 CAD)
- Clinique A Black Honey Affair Eyeshadow Palette ($40 CAD)
2) Personalized Jewelry
Jewelry is always a hit but to make it even more special make sure it reflects their personal style. Something that will make them think, “wow, they really know me!”. The “I Love You To Death” skull bead ($45) or earrings ($40) from the Chamilia brand by Swarovski Group are so me. Both items are made in .925 sterling silver with Swarovski crystal accents. I am in love with these skulls with heart shaped eye sockets and Swarovski crystal teeth.
3) Holiday Glamour for Nails
Nail polish is always a great stocking stuffer. But why not take it up a notch with something truly glamours like the Dior Holiday 2014 Golden Shock Collection Diorific Vernis ($28 CAD each/topcoat $29), Marc Jacobs Beauty
Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Glinda ($22 CAD), and OPI Don’t Speak Pure 18k Top Coat ($37.50 CAD).
4) His Favourite Scent (or the One You Want Him to Wear!)
Treat the man in your life with a new fragrance. Or maybe you’re really treating yourself to a nice smelling man. 😉 Some great options this season are:
- A*Men Pure Havane Eau de Toilette Limited Edition (100ml/$99 CAD)
- A*Men Pure Coffee Eau de Toilette Limited Edition (100ml/$99 CAD)
- Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Sport Eau de Toilette (100ml/$98 CAD)
- Dior Homme Sport Eau de Toilette (50ml/$70 CAD)
- Dior Homme Eau For Men After Shave (100ml/$59 CAD)
- Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Eau de Toilette (50ml/$70 CAD)
5) Makeup Brushes
Makeup Brushes are a necessary tool for quality makeup application. There are still many people who aren’t very informed or experienced with makeup brushes and slipping a cute set into their stocking may be the perfect surprise. Some great options include:
- bareMinerals Buffing Beauties ($49 US)
- Sephora Collection All a Glow Brush Set ($46 CAD)
- Sephora Collection Gold Star Skinny Brush Set ($49 CAD)
- Sephora Collection Touch & Gold Travel Brush Set ($29 cAD)
6) Lip Balms
- fresh Sweet Nudes ($42 CAD)
- fresh Sugar Lip Legends ($65 CAD)
- EOS Holiday 2014 Collection 3-Pack with Pink Grapefruit, Orange Blossom, and Kiwi ($10.99 CAD) and 1-Pack of Wildberry ($3.99 CAD)
7) Her Favourite Perfume
Surprise her with her favourite perfume or a new scent that is sure to become a new love. Some of my current favourites are:
- Balenciaga L’Essence Eau de Parfum ($120 CAD/50ml)
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Eau de Parfum ($66 CAD/30ml)
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium eau de parfum ($89 CAD/50ml)
- Burberry My Burberry Eau de Parfum ($98/50ml)
- Giorgio Armani Si Intense eau de parfum ($80/30ml)
8) Pampering Face Mask
Great for an at home pampering session these indulgent facial masks will be like a facial at home and slip perfectly into a stocking.
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential Ultra Detox Treatment Mask ($100 CAD)
- fresh Rose Face Mask ($68 CAD)
- Nuxe Clarifying Cream Mask ($29 CAD)
- Lancome Energie de Vie Night Recovery Beauty Sleep Mask-in-Cream ($70 CAD)
- Dior Diorsnow White Reveal Renewing Mask ($60 CAD)
- Bliss Multi-‘Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask ($63 CAD)
- pur Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Mask ($29 US)
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Repairing Honey Gel Mask ($167 CAD)
Fun and fashionable headphones are a great stocking stuffer like these beautiful Happy Plugs In Ear Headphones in Rose Gold ($39.99 US).
10) Holiday Packaged Editions of her Beauty Staples
Many brands release specially packaged editions of their cult favourite products for the holidays. Why not fill her stocking with holiday packaged editions of her beauty staples like these:
- bareMinerals Collector’s Edition Deluxe Size Original Foundation
- Biotherm Aquasource Charity Edition
- Biotherm Lat Corporel Charity Edition
- Limited Edition Craig&Karl Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
What are your favourite stocking stuffers?
[inlinkz_linkup id=”443234″ mode=”1″]
Some products shown provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.