I have been wanting to try the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams ever since they were first released but somehow never got around to it. After experiencing the great texture with the bold #24 Yellow I finally decided to take the plunge and order some, mainly for use in my kit, but I think I have fallen a little too in love with them to keep them there. A repurchase may be necessary. 😉
- An ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream.
- Aqua Cream combines the highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate rich color payoff with a luminous finish in just one application. It’s long-lasting formulation will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions and its creamy and elastic texture allows for easy blending.
- Available in shades ranging from soft neutrals to pure bright tones, you can find the perfect color for any purpose.
I decided to order what I thought would be the three of the most versatile shades and also essential for bridal work.
- 2 Steel – silver grey shimmer
- 13 Warm Beige – champagne shimmer
- 16 Pink Beige – pinky beige shimmer
At the wedding I just did last weekend with a bride and 6 bridesmaids (phew I think I’m still tired) I used at least one of these Aqua Creams in every look that I did. They aren’t thick and hard to work with like some creams I have tried but rather glide on smoothly and rather sheerly and blend effortlessly. They work magnificently as a base for powder eyeshadows and they also build up easily for use alone on the lid.
The Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams last all day without creasing or fading on my lids. Using them as a base under powder eyeshadows means they will last all day as well.
The following swatches are a sheer light swatch followed by a medium swatch. These can be built up even more if desired. Click to enlarge.
I’m not really happy with these photos. I’m not sure why I couldn’t capture the true beauty of these and why they make me smile just looking at them. Trust me. They are beautiful staples.
Make Up For Ever is available at Sephora.
Please note this post contains an affiliate link. Shopping through this link means I receive a small commission from your purchase which helps support this site.