Oh boy. I’ve fallen in love with another lipstick formula. This is going to be TROUBLE. I am already stalking reviews and swatches online trying to pick out the shades I want to try next. The MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipsticks ($27 CAD/$22 US) are a range of 45 shades of lipstick in an all new formula. There are two finishes available, with 31 creams and 14 mattes to choose from. The black metal casing with silver accents is both modern and chic.
The shape of the lipstick bullet makes precise application, even without a lip liner, effortless.
I have been playing with five of the cream finishes, and one of the mattes, in a range of shades varying from everyday basics, to show stopping artistic colours. Every single shade I tried was nothing short of perfection. Even, full coverage colour that feels comfortable, and even nourishing on the lips.
- C502 – Taupe Violet – Well they did it. MAKE UP FOR EVER somehow managed to create a beautiful lavender lipstick shade that doesn’t look chalky or patchy. It is so pretty!
- C105 – Grege Beige – Ahh nudes. My favorites. This one is gorgeous. Even, opaque coverage and a beautiful shade.
- C211 – Rose Wood – This perfect blend of pink and brown is universally flattering on all skin tones.
- M401 – Hot Red by Icona Pop (limited edition) – This is the only matte shade I tried and if they are all this good I am going to have to try more. The colour is a real stunner and the matte formula feels lightweight and silky on the lips and leaves a soft sheen to the lips rather than looking flat.
- C506 – Dark Purple – I am usually far too meek to rock a hard core vampy shade but OMG, this colour is so, so gorgeous! I actually think it is very flattering on me and I am going to have to force myself to buck up and wear it.
- C603 – Midnight Blue by Icona Pop (limited edition) – Ahh blue lipstick. I feel like I went to having no blue lipsticks to suddenly having a collection of them. Well this shade is crazy nice. Full even coverage with a very glossy cream finish. I don’t know how or why I would ever have occasion to wear this, but I think I’m going to have to make it happen.
Have you tried any of the new MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge lipsticks yet? What are your favorite shades?
Shop the post: