The Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-in-Balms ($34 US/42 CAD) are a luxurious nourishing tinted balm with an absolutely delicious pomegranate scent.
The packaging is pure luxury. Just what you would expect from a YSL Volupté lip product.
The hybrid formula features a lip shape core that runs the entire length of the bullet that is a condition balm formulation featuring apricot butter and jojoba oil. The outer core of the Tint-in-Balm provides the glossy tint for juicy looking lips with a sheer veil of vivid colour. The formula is incredibly lightweight with more of a wet feel than a balmy one. They feel heavenly. They have a fairly short wear time, as one would expect, but I find they do leave a bit of a stain behind.
There are 12 shades available. The colour payoff is quite sheer though so if you want to pick up more than one shade I recommend getting strongly differentiating shades like a more coral toned shade and then a pink toned shade for instance. I have the shades I have are a hot pink, berry, and a plum but come across fairly similarly on the lips.
- 1 Dream Me Nude – neutral mauve
- 2 Tease Me Pink – soft rose pink
- 3 Call Me Rose – bubblegum pink
- 4 Desire Me Pink -bright watermelon fuchsia
- 5 Dare Me Plum – dark rich berry
- 6 Touch Me Red – cherry red
- 7 Flirt Me Coral – peachy coral
- 8 Catch Me Orange – true orange
- 9 Tempt Me Pink – hot pink
- 10 Seduce Me Pink – luscious berry
- 11 Play Me Fuchsia – hot pink fuchsia
- 12 Try Me Berry – pinkish plum
Do you love tinted balms? Years ago I didn’t care for them but now I can’t get enough. Especially when the smell delicious and come in exquisite packaging!