I think the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette ($ US/$ CAD) has my absolute favourite Urban Decay packaging yet. Actually it is probably one of my overall beauty product packaging faves. It is so, so gorgeous. Pictures can’t do it justice. Whoever came up with this design deserves some serious props!
The palette features a dimensional web of facets that shift in colour thanks to an oil slick effect metallic finish. It is so freakin cool. It comes with a zippered makeup bag that you can store the palette in, or use separately, that has the same web pattern in a holographic finish. Even the cardboard box it comes in is stunning and I never want to keep boxes. This one is so pretty it seems a pity to throw it away.
Inside this limited edition palette are 20 new shades. The shades come in a mix of finishes and for the most part the shades in Vice 4 are quite colourful. This is definitely an eyeshadow palette for the more adventurous beauty addicts out there.
The shades are:
- Bones Oyster satin with pearl
- Grip Taupe matte with iridescent micro-glitter
- Deadbeat Black satin with iridescent micro-glitter
- Beat Down Deep metallic violet with blue micro-glitter
- Pandemonium Metallic plum with iridescent micro-glitter
- Framed Light neutral matte-satin
- Fast-Ball Metallic peachy pink with pink micro-glitter
- 1985 Metallic fuchsia with fuchsia micro-glitter
- Underhand Burgundy-brown satin
- Harlot Metallic lavender
- Discreet Soft dusty mauve matte
- Grasshopper Metallic emerald with green micro-glitter
- C-Note Frosted green with micro-glitter
- Arctic Bright teal with tonal sparkle
- Robbery Deep metallic brown-gunmetal
- Bitter Reddish brown matte
- Flame Bright orange with gold micro-glitter
- Low Brown matte with iridescent micro-glitter
- Crowbar Black with golden metallic pearl and micro-glitter
- Delete Deep chestnut brown matte-satin
The quality of the eyeshadows is on par with what I would expect from Urban Decay. Smooth, creamy, easy to blend, and highly pigmented. The mattes are excellent. The only shades I was a little disappointed in were Grip (this shade is a lovely satin taupe but it isn’t overly pigmented and the sparse micro glitter seems so unnecessary) and Crowbar (this shade looks stunning in the palette and swatched but on the eye you lose most of the beautiful golden shimmer and it comes off mostly as a flat black). My favourite shades in the palette are Flame, Fast Ball, Underhand, Harlot, and C-Note.
If you love colour, and love the Urban Decay Vice Palettes, then you will love Vice 4. I really love the mix of colours in this palette. You can go quite bold and vibrant but there are also so many looks that you can create that are interesting yet fairly “neutral”.
Have you picked up Vice 4 yet? Are you in love?
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.