Urban Decay Born to Run Collection
When Urban Decay launches a new eyeshadow palette I get VERY excited! Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes are some of my all time favorites and ride or die go-tos. When I first saw the sneak peeks of the Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette ($49 US/$59 CAD ) I was immediately smitten. The mix of beautiful nudes, jewel tones, smoky, and metallic hues seemed to cover all the bases and result in an eyeshadow palette that really offered everything you need to create an incredible variety of looks.
Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette
The palette includes an impressive 21 shades. When I first heard about the palette I was expecting the pans to be quite small but they look good size and what I would expect in a palette. Given the affordable price (less than the 12 shade Naked palettes) and the huge shade selection I just assumed it would be a more “mini” format. The pans are .8 g vs 1.4g in the Naked palettes, so they are about 60% of the size, but if you’re anything like me you know you rarely hit pan anyways!
The 12 shades are:
- Breakaway – warm ivory shimmer
- Stranded – pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer
- Blaze* – light metallic with a pink shift
- Weekender – light neutral beige matte
- Still Shot – bright peach
- Riff* – brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle
- Good as Gone – deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer
- Hell Ride – deep fuchsia matte
- Baja – burnt orange matte
- Accelerate – reddish copper metallic
- Guilt Trip – smoky purple shimmer
- Ignite – rose gold metallic
- Smog* – deep coppery bronze
- Wanderlust – forest green with gold micro-shimmer
- Wildheart – bright fucshia shimmer
- Punk* – reddish-brown matte
- Double Life – metallic rust
- Jet* – black with deep shimmering purple shift
- Drift – charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle
- Radio – deep emerald satin
- Big Sky – frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle
I am really loving the palette! The shadows all perform really well. There are some absolutely dreamy mattes as well as impactful metallics. I found the bottom row held some of my absolute faves in the palette including Double Life, Drift (ugh this is SO GOOD with its almost purple tone), and Big Sky. I am confident that I’ll be reaching for this often going forward as there is such an amazing variety of shades and I don’t have to reach for any other shadows or palettes to create a full look.
Urban Decay Born to Run Vice Lipsticks
The collection also includes three new Urban Decay Vice Lipstick ($18 US/$22 CAD) shades.
- 66 – rich mauve-nude (comfort matte)
- Ready? – bright rose sparkle (metallic)
- Marfa– dark berry with pink micro-shimmer (comfort matte)
Ready? and Marfa are a little out of my personal comfort zone but I am all over 66! The formula on both 66 and Marfa are lovely. Beautiful, richly pigmented creams. Ready? is quite a sheer formula with intense metallic sparkle.
Urban Decay Born to Run 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
The three Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils ($21 US/$25 CAD) are all rich metallics that add a bold touch that will last all day with it’s creamy long-lasting and waterproof formula.
- Lucky – dark metallic copper
- Double Life – reddish-brown metallic
- Overdrive – deep green metallic
Lucky is stunning. Double Life is a beautiful shade but will require a few passes for full intensity. Overdrive also will require a little building up for full color payoff but it is a gorgeous green!
The collection also includes a travel size Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray ($16 US/$ CAD) with limited edition packaging. This formula is one of my holy grail setting sprays.
What are your favorite items from the collection? For me it’s absolutely the eyeshadow palette. I’m truly excited to have this beauty in my stash for the summer!
Shop the collection: