This week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten Tuesday Team is sharing out Top 10 Beauty Timesavers. Those products you turn to when the clock is ticking and you need things done fast.
In no particular order:
- Skincare/Sunscreen/Coverage in One Products – When I’m in a hurry I love applying a BB Cream with sunscreen that offers skincare benefits, hydration, adequate sun protection, and enough coverage to make me feel more polished. Some of my favourites are the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream SPF 30 and Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream SPF 25.
- Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows and Eyeshadow Sticks – One step eye makeup is a real beauty timesaver. Applying a cream eyeshadow or eyeshadow stick on the lid and blending out into the crease gives emphasis to my eyes that is quick, simple, and budge proof. Some of my favourites include Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams, Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows, By Terry Ombre Blackstars, Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pops.
- Cleansing Conditioners – When I’m in a rush (or just feeling lazy) I love using a cleansing conditioner for one step hair cleansing rather than using a separate shampoo and conditioner. I’ve been using the Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner because it smells so good.
- Razors with Soap/Gel Strips – Skipping applying a shaving gel or cream speeds up hair removal. Using razors that have a shave gel or soap strip on them means I can quickly get my shaving done in the shower. I love the Schick Intuition and the Venus & Olay blades.
- Blush/Bronzer Shades that Blush and Bronze – OK I could just skip bronzer but in the summer I don’t feel right sometimes looking uber pale. Choosing a blush shade that is a hybrid of blush and bronzing tones gives me one step colour and warmth to my face. Some I reach for often are Benefit Dallas and Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Fandango.
- Lip and Cheek Duos – Lip and cheek duos are not only a great timesaver but great for travel as well as for touchups on the go. Ones I’m loving are the YSL Kiss & Blush and Le Metier de Beaute Créme Fresh Tints.
- At Home Gel Manicure Systems – I can’t seem to have a regular manicure last more than a day on my soft nails but at home gel manicure systems have made such a difference in my nails. My nails have grown long (finally) and are much stronger. Plus (while most promote 14 days wear) I can get a week which I’m very happy with. I use the Sensationail System.
- Spray on Body Moisturizers – I don’t know about you but repeatedly going back to my skincare bottle and pumping or squeezing out product for every part of my body takes time. With spray on moisturizers I can just spray, spray, spray, rub, rub, rub and I’m done. I’m currently using Garnier Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil (LOVE this stuff), Skin Envy Smoothing Spray Lotion, and Avon Skin So Soft Aqua Express Body Milk Spray.
- Overnight Skincare Masks – This may be a silly one but I happen to have a fairly extensive skincare routine which involves layering many products. Just because I am tired or in a rush doesn’t keep me from feeling guilty skipping these steps. My saving grace has been overnight skincare masks. The one step application of an overnight mask saves time and still leaves me feeling that I’m treating my skin right. I am in dire need of more masks in my skincare arsenal but right now I’ve been using the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa.
- All in One Look Palettes – Palettes that include not only eyeshadows but blush, bronzers, and sometimes lip products as well are a huge time saver because you don’t have to keep reaching for different products. They are also phenomenal for travel. I actually don’t have many that fit the bill but the Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette from the holidays is my favourite.
What are your favourite products you turn to when you need to speed up your beauty routine?
[inlinkz_linkup id=”417748″ mode=”1″]
Some of the products shown were provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.