This week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten group is sharing our Top 10 Setting Products. I have dry skin so shine control isn’t my primary concern when it comes to my choice of setting product. For me it is about simply setting my liquid foundation without ending up looking dry and dull. For this reason I enjoy powders that have subtle illuminating properties to bring a healthy glow to my complexion and I always follow with a setting spray to eliminate any powderyness.
In no particular order:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – I have loved this powder for years and gone through many pans. It offers a bit of coverage and has a slightly luminous finish. I use the shade Light.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – The lightest shades of these powders have the least amount of glow which makes them perfect as setting powders on my fair skin. My favourites are Ethereal Light and Diffused Light.
- Guerlain Météorites Compact Light Revealing Powder – These powders offer a variety of correcting and illuminating shades. I use the shade 2 Light which gives my skin a gorgeous glow.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – This is the only setting powder in this post that actually offers much in the way of oil control. I usually just use it in the centre of my face and thankfully this beautiful finely milled powder doesn’t accentuate my dryness at all.
- Pür 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup – This is actually a powder foundation but I love using a light amount of it to set my sheerer foundations for a little bit of extra coverage, and a healthy radiance. I also love it as a foundation. My shade is Porcelain.
- Fresh Face Luster – This is probably my holy grail powder and unfortunately it was discontinued years ago. I only have a small amount left and use it only for special occasions. It gives my skin the most heavenly glow and I haven’t found anything else that quite matches the perfect balance of refined radiance and touch of coverage this powder offers. I am the shade Fair Isle. If you’ve had experience with this powder and have found a dupe please let me know!
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – I use this lovely, finely milled white translucent powder with ultra fine shimmer pretty much exclusively to set my under eye area on both myself and my clients. It keeps concealer from migrating in fine lines and brightens the eye area without being heavy on thin, delicate skin.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist – This is the most recent addition to my setting spray stash and I love the luminous finish it gives. It doesn’t just take the powdery finish away from your makeup application but also imparts a beautiful glow and hydration. I like to use it both before and after applying my makeup.
- Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray – This is an amazing setting spray that will ensure your makeup lasts all day and night. I use it on my bridal clients as well as on myself for special occasions.
- MAC Fix+ – This vitamin and mineral enriched water spray softens the finish of your makeup and hydrates the skin. I love how this product feels.
What are your favorite setting products. What sets them apart for you?
[inlinkz_linkup id=”608451″ mode=”1″]
Leave a Reply