I am so excited about this weeks Beauty Blogger Top Ten Tuesday topic. We are all sharing our Top 10 Makeup Brushes! I am a brushaholic. If I had the funds I would probably own 10 times as many. Brushes truly make all the difference when it comes to your makeup application. Whether it be ease of application, quality of pigment deposited, or quality of blending achieved, it is not just about the quality of the cosmetics you are using but also the brushes. I use natural hair brushes and haven’t been able to find many synthetic brushes that meet my expectations. My favourite brand for brushes is Hakuhodo. Here are my all time favourite Top 10 Makeup Brushes. The ones I can’t imagine being without and the ones I use daily.
- Hakuhodo J004H ($19 US) – This is a large, rounded, flat, and very soft horse hair brush for applying base shade from crease to brow.
- MAC 239 – I still believe this is the best brush out there for packing colour onto your lids. It’s small size is perfect for my eyes and the colour payoff I get is amazing.
- Hakuhodo J134 ($20 US) – This is a rounded, flat, horse hair brush that is similar to a MAC 239 but a bit bigger and less firm and made of horse hair not goat hair. It’s the only other lid brush I’ve ever loved aside from the MAC 239.
- Hakuhodo G5515 ($15 US) – This is a teeny tiny pencil brush made of horse hair. It is very soft and is absolute perfection for working in the inner corner and lash lines.
- Hakuhodo J5529 ($17 US) – This brush is a small, narrow blending brush made of incredibly soft goat hair. I really like this for applying shadow on the outer v and blending it into the crease.
- Hakuhodo J5523 ($19 US) – This is a blending brush similar to the MAC 217 but way softer and way better. This brush is amazing. The perfect balance of softness and resilience. It is cheaper than the MAC 217 so everyone needs to experience it. No excuses!
- shu uemura Natural Brush 60B (badger) ($29 US) – Is my favourite brow brush. Firm, small, and just right for my brows.
- NARS #44 Precision Contour Brush ($28 US) – This brush may be a touch on the scratchy side (may just be my particular brush) but I adore the small size and compact bristles for a more precise crease colour application. Works great in the outer v as well.
- bdellium Tools 787 ($11 US) – I use this small duo fibre tapered blending brush for setting my under eye concealer. Great for applying highlighter as well. It is the perfect shape, size, and softness for these uses.
- Hakuhodo J110 ($54 US) – This is the softest, fluffiest, dreamiest blush brush ever. It is made of goat hair. I just adore this brush so much. Actually if I had more than one (and I will one day!) I would use this brush for bronzer and even face powder as well.
I can’t wait to see what the other Top Ten Tuesday bloggers have chosen as their favourite brushes!
All brushes purchased by me aside from the NARS #44 and the shu uemura 60B.