While my days of stalking limited edition MAC Collections have come and gone, I still have some tried and true permanent MAC products in my collection, as well as my professional kit, that I wouldn’t dare imagine being without. If you are overwhelmed with the sheer quantity of MAC products to choose from, then these recommendations for My Top 10 MAC Products are an amazing place to start.
- MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush ($30 CAD) – I have never, ever, found a substitute for the MAC 239 brush for packing colour on the lid. I use it every single time I apply makeup. ALWAYS.
- MAC 217 Blending Brush ($30 CAD) – This really is one of the best blending brushes out there. While I have found a Hakuhodo blending brush I like a bit better, the accessibility of the MAC 217 means it will always be a favourite and I will always have several in my professional kit. The hype is justified.
- MAC Fix+ ($27 CAD) – One of the “original” makeup setting sprays, Fix+ has held up over the years as one of the best options out there. Now that setting sprays have become more popular, and there are a variety on the market, I’ve tried many, but I continue to love, and reach for, my Fix+. It’s great for dampening brushes for wet eyeshadow application, spritzing on after your makeup is complete to set your face and remove any powderyness from your look, as well as refresh your complexion throughout the day. I carry Skindinavia in my professional kit for more longevity in a setting spray for brides, but for personal use I love the hydrating qualities of Fix+.
- MAC Brush Cleanser ($19 CAD) – This brush cleaner is an absolute must for me. This is not how I do a full deep clean on my brushes, but rather how I cleanse and disinfect my brushes between clients on the job. This cleans my brushes quickly and effectively without drying them out or leaving any residue. Plus it dries really quickly so I can get right back to work. I have tried many others and this is the only one I’ve been happy with. It’s also perfect for cleaning your personal brushes between proper deep cleanings.
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot ($26 CAD) – This is another product I use almost daily. While Too Faced Shadow Insurance remains my tried and true eyeshadow primer, I always use Painterly on top to help even out my eyelids. Plus the Painterly Paint Pot does do an amazing job of boosting colour payoff, and extending wear time, so most of the time I just use it on it’s own for my eye base. I also use it in my kit on almost every client.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($ CAD) – The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural has been one of my favourite powders for years. It works beautifully as a setting powder giving the skin a natural healthy glow. It also offers coverage and can be built up as more of a powder foundation. It is the stunning finish of this powder, that makes even my dry skin look radiant, that makes this powder so amazing.
- MAC Wedge Eyeshadow – ($19 Single/$8 pan CAD) This soft muted beige taupe matte shadow is an incredible crease shade. I use it in the crease on almost every client, whether it be as a crease shade or as a transition shade. It flatters all skin tones and seems to adjust itself to suit whatever shadows you pair it with.
- MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow – ($19 Single/$8 pan CAD) – This shimmering beige with gold pearl Veluxe Pearl shadow is absolutely breathtaking on the lid for those with blue eyes. It’s pretty peach tone makes it a favourite of mine for bridal work to make blue eyes pop.
- MAC Modesty Cremesheen Lipstick ($21 CAD) – I adore the MAC Cremesheen lipstick formula. I love the glossy sheen and comfortable wear. Modesty is desribed as a muted neutral pink. I find it to be darker than it appears on the website and more of a soft nude mauve shade. It is so incredibly flattering.
- MAC Creme Cup Cremesheen Lipstick ($21 CAD) – I am always hunting out pale pink nudes that don’t pull warm on me and Creme Cup is a beauty. It is a light blue pink that is the perfect pale pink lip to compliment a smokey eye that doesn’t look chalky.
And here is a pic of the grubby actual products mentioned in this post. Just so you can see how truly loved and abused they are. The Fix+ and Brush Cleanser look empty but they actually both have some left… but it’s definitely time to restock!
Do you see any of your MAC faves on this list? I know it’s not the most exciting list but these are my babies.
Shop the post: