This week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten Team is sharing our Top 10 Contour & Highlight Products. Unfortunately a lot of what I will be sharing with you as my favourites were limited edition products. Especially when it comes to highlighters, they are predominately released as limited edition products in seasonal collections. I could barely even find any highlighters in my stash that weren’t LE or had been discontinued.
When it comes to contour products for fair skin bronzers should be avoided. There is nothing natural about the warmth of a bronzer used on pale skin. Don’t get me wrong, the right shade of bronzer can do wonders for warming up light complexions and even offering some shaping and definition, but for actual contouring and shaping of the face a cool taupe or tan shade is much more flattering for mimicking a natural shadow on the skin.
For highlighters I prefer very finely milled powders with delicate, almost undetectable shimmer for a natural glow. I do not like detectable glitter or sparkle when it comes to highlighters.
- Illamasqua Eye Shadow in Heroine
- Chanel Ombre Contraste Sculpting Veil for Eyes and Cheeks in Notorious
- Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte Eyeshadow in Mirage
- Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy
- Chanel Poudre Signée Illuminating Powder
- MAC Beauty Powder in Too Chic
- Lancome Illuminating Powder Rose Etincelle
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Incandescent Light (center shade)
- MAC Beauty Powder in Play it Proper
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Tranquility Highlighting Liquid
What are your favourite contour and highlight products?