This week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten Team is sharing with you some Alternatives to Traditional Black and Brown Eyeliners. Now since we are focusing on alternatives not polar opposites I decided that rather than feature fun and bright liners I am going to focus on intense, dark shades that still give the depth and intensity to the lashline that a black or brown eyeliner would but with a little more panache. I accidentally included 17 liners as opposed to 10 because, well, I simply totally forgot I was doing ten and just reached for my favourites. I guess I have seventeen!
I have broken these down into categories based on my most loved colour choices for “alternative shades”: Plum/Purple, Navy, Khaki, and Green.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes #6L Deep Purple – Beautiful sooty purple.
- Lise Watier Dramatique Intense Prune – Amazing deep plum with subtle shimmer.
- Urban Decay Naked3 Blackheart & Darkside -Darkside: purple-taupe satin | Blackheart: smoky black matte w/rosy red microglitter.
- Stila Smudge Stick Deep Burgundy – I love this one so much! Intense deep yet vibrant burgundy.
- shu uemura Lasting Soft Gel Pencil Miraculous Purple – mauve plum.
- shu uemura Lasting Soft Gel Pencil Brave Beauty Violet – bright yet deep purple.
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Indigo – this is a new liner being released with the Lise Watier Holiday 2014 Aurora collection (review coming soon). Amazingly long lasting and INTENSE indigo.
- mark. No Place to Run Navy Seal – deep navy.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Sabbath – darkest navy. Amazing shade but mine had dried out for some reason so swatched poorly.
- Smashbox Always Sharp French Navy – One of my favourites. Deep and intense with a bit of a sheen.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Stash – This was the first eyeliner I found that finally satisfied my lemming for the perfect khaki liner.
- mark. No Place to Run Vintage Khaki – Similar to Stash but despite the pictures swatches they are quite different!
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner I-30 – A new favourite khaki liner in my stash. Subtle iridescent finish and great colour payoff.
- shu uemura Lasting Soft Gel Pencil Brave Beauty Green – This is a great khaki that leans more true green. Nice and dark to intensify the lashline.
- Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk 6 Emerald – Deep forest green that almost looks black. Great for a subtle touch of colour.
- shu uemura Drawing Pencil M Green Black – Black with a hint of teal. Another amazing “almost black”.
- mark. No Place to Run Grassroots – Bright yet still dark enough to not look too flashy.
Do you stick mostly to Black and Brown eyeliner? What are your favourite alternatives? Are you liking the look of any of mine? My all time favourites from the bunch are the Lise Watier Prune, Urban Decay 24/7 Naked 3, Stila Burgundy, Lise Watier Indigo, Smashbox French Navy, Urban Decay Stash, MUFE I-30, and shu uemura M Green Black.
[inlinkz_linkup id=”443229″ mode=”1″]
Leave a Reply