The Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lipsticks ($22 US/$26 CAD) are one of my favorite lipsticks formulas. I actually just ordered 5 new shades during their holiday deals that I should really share with you as well. For the Too Faced Spring 2016 Collection they are introducing 10 new shades. Yes TEN! Some have the creamy, hydrating, glorious formula and cream finish we know and love with the La Crème formula, while others have quite a different glittery formula that is quite unique and should practically be categorized separately from the traditional version to avoid confusion.
I am lucky enough to have 9 of the new shades to share with you. Missing is Sugar Daddy (Nude Rose). I will break these down into three finishes. Cream, Iridescent, and Shimmer (Glitter). The shimmer shades are more like a glitter. They give a stunning effect to the lip colours and remarkably don’t feel chunky on the lips at all. This is the kind of glitter that will remain on the lips even after the lipstick has faded so you’ll need to keep an eye on it. While these new shimmer and iridescent effect shades may not to be as easy to work with as the traditional formula the effect they give the lips is well worth the little bit of extra work in my opinion. If you are brave enough to wear them!
- Topless (Apricot Nude) – This is a really lovely nude. It is a little sheerer than the norm for a La Crème and has a tiny amount of fine shimmer but still comes off as a cream finish. It does settle into lip lines a bit but isn’t too noticeable from a normal viewing distance.
- Double Bubble (Bubblegum Pink) – This is the perfect bubble gum pink shade in a cream finish. It has good colour coverage but settles into lip lines a bit.
- Berry Naughty (Berry Wine) – Absolutely stunning deep berry shade in a true to La Crème formula with a cream finish and subtle gloss.
- 9021Ohhh (Candy Apple Red) – A true red beauty in a true to La Crème formula with a cream finish and subtle gloss.
- Unicorn Tears (Iridescent Shimmer) – This may be the most unique lip colour ever. It morphs on the lips to a sheer cool pink base with tons of iridescent blue shimmer. It looks so amazingly cool. At almost 40 I think people would look at me like a total weirdo if I wore this out is public but hot damn, I really want to!
- WHAM! (Iridescent Raspberry) – So so so pretty. What can I say? I love the color and finish on this one.
- Clueless (Shimmering Cotton Candy) – I think this shade fits more in the Iridescent category as it’s effect is similar to Unicorn Tears. It is a beautiful pale pink with iridescent shimmer that shifts from cool green to warm gold.
- Mean Girls (Shimmering Cool Pink) – Stunning cool pink with fuchsia shimmer. I really love the colour and shimmer effect of this shade.
- Ursula (Shimmering Deep Plum) – I am obsessed with this colour. A rich deep plum burgundy with blue and plum shimmer.