Yes, I know, I’m late to the party. But I’ve finally tried the bestselling Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow ($24 US/$31 CAD) and it’s every bit as glittertastic as I imagined.
These water based shadows are chock full of intense pearl and glitter for a full, true glitter effect without the fuss or mess. They give eyes a full sparkling look without having to deal with jars of loose glitter and glitter adhesives.
Because they are water based they are very easy to remove and will rinse off with water. So you don’t want to go swimming! They aren’t waterproof in any way but they do last really well on the eyes. I had very minimal glitter migration/fallout after wearing these for 6 hours and that was with a very heavy/opaque application. Literally a total of 2 sparkles on the upper part of my lids and 3 on my cheeks. I think that is extremely impressive. Just make sure you don’t rub your eyes because you can rub these away. I actually found that to be a huge bonus because if you do apply these more intensely directly to the lids with the applicator you can kind of smooth out the finish even after they’ve dried. If you want a more subtle effect you can apply them to the back of your hand and then pat a sheer veil of glitter on the lids, over another shadow if you’d like, with your finger or a flat brush.
There are retailer and Stila website exclusive shades so shade availability varies by retailer.
12 shade range available from Stila’s website.
- Kitten Karma – champagne with silver and copper sparkle
- Smoldering Satin – deep tan with silver sparkle
- Rose Gold Retro – rose gold with silver sparkle
- Diamond Dust – sheer silver with multi-color sparkle
- Gold Goddess – sheer antique gold with silver sparkle
- Smoky Storm – light Pewter with silver sparkle
- Molten Midnight – black with silvery gold sparkle
- Bronzed Bell – bronze with silver and copper sparkle
- Ballet Baby – sheer baby pink with silver sparkle
- Violet Vixen – violet with violet and blue sparkle
and two new shades:
- Next To Notte – vibrant deep red with pink glitter
- In A Firenze – shimmering warm dusty rose with copper and silver sparkle
Mermaid Collection available exclusively at Sephora.
- Sea Siren – pink blue duochrome
- Into the Blue – blue purple duochrome
- Sunset Cove – pink gold duochrome
I have Diamond Dust and Kitten Karma. I love both of these because they are light, bright, and luminous. Diamond dust is the most glittery with silver glitter with hints of colour in the light. Kitten Karma includes more fine shimmer as well for a more foiled look. The mix of glitter shades results in more of a rose gold tone. Stunning.
See them in action here!