I was first introduced to the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Skincare line during the Ste. Anne’s Signature Facial I received during my stay at Ste. Anne’s Spa. The Signature Facial is unlike any spa facial you’ve ever experienced. I can guarantee it! This facial experience goes so far beyond a normal esthetics facial treatment. Your hour of pampering begins with a relaxing foot soak and sea salt scrub during which you will discuss the treatment with your therapist and choose the body blends or essential oils that will be incorporated into your treatment.
The facial begins with cleansing and toning. While your toner is being absorbed into your skin you will receive a relaxing scalp massage. Heaven! This is followed by the application of Gommage which is a gentle exfoliating peel derived from natural fruit acids. While this is setting you receive a hand and arm massage using the Ste. Anne’s Hand & Body Deep Hydration lotion. I think hand massages are highly underrated. When you spend a lot of time on the computer this relief of tension and strand in the hands and arms feels amazing.
I won’t go into every detail of the facial but there is lots of gentle massaging and the soothing use of warm towels. One of the final steps is the application of a Skin Nourishment Mineral Mask. While this mask is working its magic you receive another massage! This time a foot and leg massage using Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Foot Cream. Once the massage is complete and the mask is removed with another warm towel Toner, a Skin Nourishment Serum, and a moisturizer are applied. You leave the experience feeling completely relaxed and pampered from head to toe with the most glowing and radiant skin.
The Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Skincare makes this such an incredible treatment. The natural scents of the products create a relaxing sensorial experience. I was so excited to be able to continue using the skincare products at home. The heavenly scents always impart such a relaxing feel, taking me back to my incredibly pampering time at the spa. The Ste. Annes Skin Nourishment line is manufactured in small batches in Ontario without the use of petrochemicals, sulfates, PEGs/PPGs, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or synthetic preservatives. They also avoid overly processed ingredients. The formulas even include botanicals from Ste. Anne’s very own impressive gardens! The focus is on natural, indigenous ingredients and botanical actives instead of synthetics actives.
I was concerned that this holistic and natural approach wouldn’t produce the results I was looking for in my skincare but boy was I wrong. This is the only skincare I’ve been using consistently since my time at the spa. That’s over 2 months! The products are generously sized so they will last you a long time. You will see how much I have used above. This is a first for me! I don’t think I have ever used a single range of products for such a length of time before. This speaks volumes. I highly, highly recommend this line. Especially if using natural products is important to you. My skin has been looking really healthy, clear, and radiant and I’ve been getting lots of compliments.
The Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Cleansing Cream ($35/100ml) is a gentle and moisturizing cleanser that leave skin feeling nourished. I use this following removing my makeup with my cleansing oil. The key elements are:
- Lavender to clear and soothe with antimicrobial action.
- Rosewood to stabilize and balance with a regenerative effect.
- Marshmallow Root to hydrate and support moisture balance.
- Geranium to balance sebum product and clear congested skin.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, dicaprylyl ether, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, cetearyl alcohol, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, lecithin, sorbitan stearate, beeswax, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, rosa damascena (rose) flower extract, althea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) leaf extract, cichorium intybus (chicory) leaf extract, aniba rosedora (rosewood) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil, rosa damascena (rose) flower wax, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, aroma of pure essential oils.
After cleansing I apply the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Toner ($26.50/100 ml). This hydrating and refreshing toner smells amazing. It features Rose and Gernium Floral Waters to hydrate and balance sebum production. It aslo includes:
- Wasabi Extract and antioxidant that soothes inflamtion.
- Thyme Linalool to heal and sooth with antiseptic qualities.
- Chicory Extract as a lifting and tightening astringent to freshen and hydrate.
Ingredients: rosa damascena (rose) flower water, pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) flower water, cocamidopropyl betaine, rosa damascena (rose) flower extract, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower extract, wasabia japonica (wasabi) root extract, cichorium intybus (chicory) leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis verbenon (rosemary verbenone) leaf oil, myrtus communis (green myrtle) leaf oil, cupressus sempervirens (cypress) needle oil, thymus vulgaris linalool (thyme linalol) leaf oil, potassium sorbate, aroma of pure essential oils.
The next step is your serum. For my dry skin type I use the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Drench Facial Serum ($35/30ml). This serum is actually a facial oil so I sometimes apply it after my moisturizer, rather than before. This is such a beautiful oil. It’s a really well rounded combination of botanical oils to hydrate and soothe the skin while improving cell function. The key botanicals are:
- Rosewood Oil acellular stimulant, with tissue regenerative properties.
- Cistus Oil for cell regeneration, with documented results in healing severely damaged skin. Can help to regenerate mature, dehydrated, prematurely wrinkled and UV damaged skin.
- Rose Oil to heal infection, inflammation, premature aging of the skin and acne and increase the natural cellular response of the skin to oxidative damage, aiding in cellular
detoxification, and inhibiting free radical production and damage.
- Sandalwood Oil for increased water retention of collagen, strengthening connective tissue and dermis.
- Abyssinian Seed Oil for it’s high percentage of essential fatty acids including Oleic and Erucic Acid.
- Cranberry Seed Oil for a natural balance of omega 3, 6 & 9 fatty acids. Also rich in Vitamin E and other natural antioxidants, (tocotrienols, phytosterols, phospholipids and Vitamin A).
- Centella Oil (known as Gota Kola), used for centuries in both traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, for the treatment of severe skin damage. Helps minimize collagen loss in aging skin.
- Rose Hip Seed Oil which contains trans-retinoic acid (vitamin A) for skin rejuvenation.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil contains over 95% long-chain fatty acids, including a high percentage of gadoleic acid, a little know fatty acid with wonderful skin benefits. Gadoleic acid mimics human sebum making it excellent for the control of sebum overproduction and acne. The oil is considered to act as a broadspectrum UV-A and UV-B shield.
INGREDIENTS Aniba Rosedora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Centella Asiatica (Centella) Leaf Oil, Cistus Ladaniferus (Cistus) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Roseum (Geranium Rose) Leaf Oil, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil,Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon.
I follow with the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Firming Face Cream ($52.50/100ml). I love this moisturizer because it absorbs fully into my skin and works beautifully under makeup. The key ingredients are:
- Helichrysum (Immortelle) which increases fresh, oxygen rich blood flow to the surface of the skin thereby firming and toning the skin. It is traditionally called Immortelle, named for it’s anti-aging effects on the skin.
- Frankincense to treat dry, mature skin. It tones and hydrates the complexion, balances sebum and helps cellular regeneration.
- Artemesia for its high chamazulene contents with antioxidant benefits.
- Ladies Mantle Extract for it’s firming astringent effect on the skin, improving skin elasticity and protecting newly formed elastin fibers.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, cetearyl alcohol, dicaprylyl ether, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, lecithin, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, sorbitan stearate, beeswax, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, xanthan gum, artemisia capillaris (artemisia) flower extract, althea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, alchemilla vulgaris (lady’s mantle) flower extract, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, boswellia carterii (frankincense) resin oil, citrus aurantium amara (neroli) blossom oil, helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) blossom oil, cistus ladaniferus (cistus) leaf oil, silica, hydrolyzed wheat protein, potassium sorbate, aroma of pure essential oils.
Those are all the products I used in my daily skincare routine. The Drench Serum I use only at night. For additional pampering I also regularly use the Gommage and Mask that I was treated to during my facial.
The Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Gommage ($44/125ml) is a gentle exfoliant with a natural AHA ingredient comprised of bilberry, sugarcane, sugar maple, orange and lemon fruit acids. You apply a thin layer and then massage it off with your fingers to reveal fresher, more radiant skin. It includes:
- Lemon Petitgrain for it’s cellular and tissue regenerative properties and lovely scent.
- Myrtle as a lymphatic decongestant to shrink enlarged, open pores.
- Neroli to improve skin elasticity, minimize thread veins and devitalized skin. The scent of Neroli is also uplifting and euphoric.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, hyrolyzed guar, alginic acid, calcium salt, lactic acid, hydrolyzed wheat protein, algin, potassium sorbate, avena sativa (oat straw) kernel extract, anthemis nobilis (roman chamomile) flower extract, althea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) leaf extract, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, citrus limonum (lemon petitgrain) leaf oil, myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf oil, citrus aurantium var. amara (neroli) flower oil, aroma
of pure essential oils.
The mineral masks are really interesting. The Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Mineral Masks ($25) come in powder form. You can mix it with water, almond milk, coconut milk, regular milk, or yogurt. But it is best combined with the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Hydrating Mask ($40/125ml). The Hydrating Mask can of course be used on it’s own. It features:
- Vetiver stimulates circulation to regenerate mature or dehydrated skin.
- Sandalwood hydrates the skin by increasing the water retention in collagen.
- Wild Carrot, rich in carotenoids (vitamin a), to help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, cetearyl alcohol, dicaprylyl ether, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, sorbitan stearate, lecithin, beeswax, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, xanthan gum, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, bentonite, borago officinalis (borage) flower extract, althea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, rosa damascena (rose) flower extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, rosa damascena (rose) flower oil, vetivera zizanoides (vetiver) root oil, santalum album (sandalwood) wood oil, potassium sorbate, aroma of pure essential oils.
To use the mineral mask you mix it into the Hydrating Mask. The Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Drench Mineral Mask. This mask is a mix of clay and botanical and flower powders. It exfoliates dead skin cells and nourishes dry skin, while promoting circulation and regeneration of skin cells. It key elements are:
- French Pink Clay is an ideal powdered clay ingredient for dry and mature skin types. It promotes circulation and regeneration of skin cells and is deeply nourishing.
- Powdered Rose Petals contribute regenerative and healing properties and have a unique impact on skin elasticity.
- Powdered Rose Hip Seeds have an enzymatic, exfoliating action to gently buff off dead cells on the skin’s surface.
Ingredients: montmorillonite (french pink clay), rosa canina (rosehip) seed powder, althea officinalis (marshmallow) root powder, olea europaea (olive) leaf powder, rosa damascena (rose) flower powder, chrysanthemum parthenium (chrysanthemum) flower powder
I’m excited to be able to offer you a chance to win a Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Skincare Basket worth $250 CAD! Canadian residents can enter via the widget that will load below. Contest ends Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
You can order the Ste. Anne’s Skin Nourishment Skincare off of their website, skinnourishment.ca, or you can pick it up at the Ste. Anne’s Spa Boutique in Grafton, ON.