I will admit, my makeup and skincare routine gets very simplified during the summer. I spend a lot of time at the cottage and it’s a time of year that I actually use products out of a makeup bag vs pulling from my full collection on a daily basis. For skincare, I tend to just use the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream SPF 50 in the morning and I was using the It Cosmetics Moisturizers at night. I was usually skipping serums and other steps. My dry skin tends to be a lot less high maintenance in the warmer months.
Now that Fall is here I’m back to a full skincare routine and enjoying both trying new products and going back to a multi-step skincare ritual.
The first thing to be added back to my routine on a twice-daily basis are anti-aging and hydrating serums and boosters:
- Vichy Mineral 89 Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster is like a drink of hydration for the skin.
- Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate is a serum I’ve been longing to try for a while and I’m excited to add it to my routine.
- The Paula’s Choice Resist Boosters are products I’ve used and loved over the years and I’m exicted to add these to my skincare routine again. You can add the 1% Retinol Booster, 10% Niacinamide Booster, and Moisture Renewal Oil Booster to any of your skincare products to give them an added boost of skincare actives depending on your needs.
I also will be adding an eye cream back into my routine. I was using the It Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream sporadically but I am down to scraping the last of it from the jar now so I will be giving these a try:
- Zorah Biocosmétiques Ora Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream ($64.99) this high-end organic eye cream is a natural luxury. I used, and adored, the full bottle of Zorah Sublime Anti-Aging Night Care Moisturizer so I can’t wait to give the eye cream a try.
- Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel is perfect for sensitive skin and light and refreshing hydration in the morning.
- For Beloved One Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Eye Cream sounds super interesting to me. It contains the natural extract EyePro 3X ECT which Rhodiola and beer yeast as well as their hydrating complex PatcH20.
A good anti-aging and hydrating facial moisturizer is a top priority moving into the cooler months and drier indoor heat. Vichy Aqualia Thermal is a beautiful line of hydrating skincare containing the Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water. I have been using and loving the Serum and Rich version of the Rehydrating Cream for my dry skin. It is also available in Rehydrating Thermal Gel for combination to oily skin and Rehydrating Cream – Light for normal to combination skin.
- I’m going to be trying out the Reversa Urban Protection Hydrating Care SPF 30 ($47 CAD) and the NIA24 Sun Defence Broad Spectrum SPF 30 100% Mineral Sunscreen ($54 CAD) which are two new products to Shoppers Drug Mart as my morning moisturizer and sun protection.
- For a night cream I will be using the Paula’s Choice Clinical Ceramide-Enriched Firming Moisturizer with CollagenSupport Complex. I am a huge, huge fan of Paula’s Choice skincare and this moisturizer sounds like the powerhouse product I need to deal with the loss of elasticity I’ve been experiencing in my skin.
I am also going to be dabbling with some natural skincare products. I have been wanting to incorporate more natural skincare in my routine and I’m intrigued by these products:
- Divine Essence Organic Damask Rose Floral Water – a spritz of rose water on the skin is welcome year round.
- Acure Moroccan Argan Oil Rose – I love a good all natural skincare oil!
- Divine Essence Organic Carrot Beauty Oil – I’ve heard such great things about carrot oil for skin so I’m excited to try this one.
- Weleda Evening Primrose Age Revitalizing Day and Night Cream – I have tried the Weleda Wild Rose Renewing products before but these Evening Primrose Age Revitalizing products are new to me. The Wild Rose is targeted more at the first signs of aging while Evening Primrose is for more mature skin and supports collagen production and cell renewal so it sounds like just what I need!
- Acure Quick Fix Correcting Balm – this argan oil + starflower balm soothes lips, cuticles, heels and elbows, anywhere you have dry skin needing a quick fix of soothing moisture.
Exfoliation is essential all year round so this extra step in my skincare routine has been missed. The number one products I recommend for gentle and effective facial exfoliation are the Skin Perfecting products from Paula’s Choice ($29 USD). I have been using these products for years and they never fail me. You are sure to find the perfect exfoliant for your skin type and needs. This is just a sampling of what they have to offer. If you have drier skin and you are more concerned with anti-aging then you would look at the AHA options. If pores and blackheads are more of a concern then go for the BHA products.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid with Salicylic Acid
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion with Salicylic Acid
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel with Glycolic Acid
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Lotion with Glycolic Acid
Don’t forget your body! I still moisturized every day in the summer and will continue to do so for Fall. For most of the summer, I was using the Bioderma Atoderm Creme Ultra-Nourishing Cream ($24.90 CAD). Bioderma Atoderm is one of my favorite body lotions. Now that we are moving into drier weather I will switch to the Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Baume Ultra-Soothing Balm.
The Jouviance Hydractiv Coconut Melting Balm and Farmhouse Fresh Moon Dip Back to Youth Ageless Body Mousse are extra special indulgent body treats for after a relaxing bath. They leave my skin feeling and smelling extra decadent.
Some new natural body lotions I will be trying out are:
- The Green Beaver Company Boreal Body Lotion ($12.99 CAD) -This dry skin therapy with Labrador Tea and Shea Butter keeps my skin hydrated and healthy.
- Dr. Hauschka Rose Nurturing Body Cream ($47 CAD) – This luxurious body cream with rose essential oil, organic shea butter and almond and jojoba oils is a true indulgence.
- Feel Balanced Moisture Balancing Cream ($28 USD) – With cucumber, aloe, and elder tree extract, this cream truly nourishes and heals my dry skin.
Exfoliation isn’t just for the face. The Paula’s Choice Resist Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA ($26 USD) and Resist Skin Revealing Body Lotion 10% AHA ($28 USD) will have the skin on your body looking and feeling like a baby’s. The BHA treatment is perfect for areas where you are dealing with bumpy and clogged skin like and the AHA version is ideal for dealing with drying, aging skin.
No matter how good of care we take of our face our hands and neck can often reveal our age. We mustn’t neglect them!
I’ll be using the new Jouviance Contour+ Neck Sculpting Gel Concentrate ($75 CAD) and NIA24 Age Recovery for Décolletage and Hands ($60 CAD). Both are available at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Be sure to bookmark this post as I will be updating with which products stand the test over time to become part of my regular routine.
Stay tuned for a post on some of my favorite face masks!
How are you changing up your skincare routine for fall?