The Shiseido Rouge Rouge Lipstick is a collection of 16 “red” lipsticks created to compliment a full range of skin tones and colour preferences. Why the red in quotes? Well, a lot of these shades are certainly not what I would consider reds. But because of the wide range of hues, there are several shades in this collection that I absolutely adore. It’s not only the shades that are impeccably done but the formula as well. The formula is richly moisturizing, ultra creamy without having too much slip, and has a luxurious sheen that is incredibly flattering.
The packaging is really luxurious. The lipstick tubes have a nice weight to them and a very unique shape. They also secure with a magnetic closure. The only downside is that, due to the unique shape of the packaging, the caps have to be on almost exactly right to secure magnetically.
Now let’s take a look at the 16 beautifully curated shades:
- RD501 Ruby Copper – A vivid, warm, bright, red. Ruby Copper is named for the distinctive red color of the mineral Cuprite.
- RD502 Real Ruby – A glowing brownish red. Real Ruby is an exuberant, classic red, titled after its rich and majestic tone, much like the gemstone of the same name.
- RD503 Bloodstone – An intense, rich, brownish red. The name Bloodstone is inspired by the red inclusions in this Chalcedony mineral.
- RD504 Rouge Rum Punch – An intense brown/red violet. Rouge Rum Punch is an intoxicating and intense color that leaves an impression.
- RD305 Murrey – A cool reddish coral. Playful and girlish, Murrey is a sweet, cool coral tone.
- RD306 Liaison – A subtle red with an orange note. Liaison is a perfect pairing of red and orange.
- RD307 First Bite – A bright burned orange. Explosive and bright, First Bite is inspired by a first, passionate encounter.
- RD308 Toffee Apple – A vivid, warm, bright, red. Toffee Apple is inspired by the rich, sugary shell of this traditional confection.
- RD309 Coral Shore – A delicate warm coral shade. Evocative of subtly-coloured underwater coral in tones of orange and pink.
- RD310 Burning Up – A fresh peachy pink. Burning Up is inspired by a feeling of bashfulness. Fresh-faced, flirtatious & enthusiastic.
- RD311 Crime of Passion – A warm reddish coral. Crime of Passion is a rapturous, bold, reddish coral that evokes intensity.
- RD312 Poppy – A classic, clear bright red. “Poppy” the flower is a bright “Pop” of colour!
- RD713 Hushed Tones – A warm pinky brown. Quiet & demure, Hushed Tones is a warm and subtle hint of colour.
- RD714 Sweet Desire – A rich reddish brown. Sweet desire is a lavish reddish shade, inspiring thoughts of affection.
- RD715 Rose Crush – A subtle pinkish brown. Rose Crush suggests inconspicuous desire with its subtle pinkish tone.
- RD716 Red Queen – A formal pinkish red-brown. Red Queen is intended to suggest a subtle power with its discreet but noble, red shade.
This is a very well executed lipstick collection. I highly recommend finding at least one shade in the range to try out for yourself to find your perfect red. They feel so nice and make my lips, which happen to be in very poor condition at the moment, look healthy, plump, and luscious. I think I could easily wear every single one of these shades confidently.
What shades are your favorites?
Shop the post: