I love a diffused brown smoky eye. It is sultry and sexy yet a little softer than a tradition grey/black smoky eye. It is also amazing for bringing out those baby blues for your hot Valentine’s date… or night in.
- Apply eyeshadow primer to your eye area and a matte nude shade to from crease to brow bone.
- Apply a matte dark brown likeMake Up For Ever #17 into your crease.
- Blend out the crease with a softer matte brown or taupe like Illamasqua Heroine.
- Apply Burberry Pale Barley on the lid.
- Apply Burberry Midnight Brown onto the outer v into the crease and carry onto outer area of lower lash line. Carry it fairly low to for a smokier effect.
- Apply Burberry Pale Barley on the lower lash line blending into Midnight Brown.
- Apply a pale champagne like Rouge Bunny Rouge Loose Glitter Pigment in Embrace of Cashmereto the inner corner of the eye.
- Highlight the brow bone. I used Incandescent Light from the Ambient Lighting Palette.
- Add a touch of matte black shadow concentrated near the lash line and outer part of the outer v to intensify the look.
- Line and tight line upper lash line with a dark brown or black. I used NARS Eye Paint in Mesopotamia.
- Very lightly use the remaining liner on the brush to intensify your lower lash line softly.
- Perfect your brows (I used NARS Brow Perfector in Salzbourg and Benefit Gimme Brow in Light Medium), curl lashes and apply mascara (I used Clarins Be Long Mascara) and the final touch that makes the whole look come together… apply the gorgeous Esqido Mink Collection false lashes (I used Unforgettable).
If you don’t have hooded lids as I do than you can probably just skip the two matte shades in the crease and just use Burberry Midnight Brown in your crease. I can do this with lovely results as well but when I have the time I like to try and sculpt my crease as best I can to create the illusion of what’s not there.
I used Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation in S101, Clarins Instant Concealer in 01, and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, and the Lancome Rose Ballerine Blush on my complexion. Lips are Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Lip Pencil in Roald topped with Rouge Bunny Rouge Glassy Gloss in Rahat Lokum.
While I use false lashes on my clients on a regular basis I’m not usually a fan of them for myself but I am so in love with the Esqido Mink Collection Lashes. They are made using hairs that are collected during the natural shedding/molting cycle of the mink so no animals are harmed. These lashes can be worn up to 25 times vs. the usual 3-4 times you get out of synthetic lashes.
The white and rose gold packaging is beautiful and really adds to the feeling of luxury these lashes offer.
I have the two most natural looking lashes in the collection; Little Black Lash ($39.00 on sale for $34 CAD) and Unforgettable ($42.99 on sale for $36 CAD). The hairs are so fine and soft and they are placed on a ultra-light flexible cotton band that makes them so comfortable to wear, easy to apply, and incredibly natural looking. My eyes look so much more defined and impactful without the fact I’m wearing falsies even being detectable.
Esqido was founded right here in Toronto, ON Canada. You can learn more on the Esqido Mink Lashes website.
Shop the look:
Some products featured were provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.