If you are looking for a new skincare line to explore I highly recommend REN Clean Skincare. REN has been around since 2000 but is only recently gaining more popularity among the masses thanks to it’s arrival in department stores and stores like Sephora. I have loved everything I have tried from them so far. They are free of skin-unfriendly synthetic ingredients and use only 100% plant and mineral derived actives.
The REN Flash Hydro-Boost Instant Plumping Emulsion ($42 US) is a product I’ve been in love with for a while now. I’ve gone through two of the deluxe sample sizes from Sephora. I think I got one as a 100 point perk and another as part of a Sephora Favorites set. This is a beautiful hydrating product that is water activated to boost hydration. You apply the lotion formula to your skin and then add some water to your fingertips and massage it into the product and into your skin. The formula features:
- Hyaluronic Acid from Yeast instantly boosts water in cells to optimise levels and plump the skin
- Germ Peptide from Carob Seed enables transport and circulation of water through all layers of the skin
- Xylitol from Sugar captures surface moisture by forming natural moisturising factor components
- Ceramide from Carthame Oil and Phospholipids from Soybean mimic an intercellular glue to form a barrier against water loss.
I LOVE this stuff. It is so hydrating and leaves my skin nourished, plumped, and younger looking.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Squalane, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Oleyl Alcohol , Arginine, Cetyl Phosphate, Xylitylglucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Anhydroxylitol, Oryzanol, Vaccinium Vitasidaea Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Alcohol, Carbomer, Phospholipids, Xylitol, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Parfum* (Fragrance), Safflower Oil / Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Soy Amino Acids, Glucose, Glyceryl Laurate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Seed Extract, Benzoic Acid, Dehydracetic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool * 100% Natural Fragrance – Parfum 100% Naturel
The REN Flash Defence Anti-Pollution Mist ($ US) is like heaven in a bottle. It has the most incredible zen spa like scent. It feels so refreshing on the skin and the scent alone invokes a feeling of calm refreshment. The mist not only refreshes but also shields and protects the skin from the ageing and harmful free radicals and pollution. It also helps strengthen your skin’s natural defensive and detoxifying abilities. The formula is enriched with:
- Block: Biosaccharid Gum is made from Corn and Yeast, which forms a non-sticky invisible barrier to shield skin from pollutants and free radicals
- Boost: Zinc and Manganese Amino acids derived from Wakame Seaweed from South of France boost the skin’s antioxidant capacity, stimulating skin repair
- Neutralize: Quercetin from Sophora Japonica Flowers protects the skin from oxidative stress
- Expel: Alfa-glucan derived from yeast which detoxifies and promotes cell longevity
You can apply the mist after moisturizing and also apply it after you apply your makeup and throughout the day. I think I’m going to need a vat of this stuff!
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Propanediol, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Candida Saitoana Extract, Lactic Acid, Parfum* (Fragrance), Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Glyceryl Caprylate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sophora Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Linalool *100% Natural Fragrance – Parfum 100% Naturel
If you have sensitive skin then you will love the REN Evercalm™ Anti-Redness Serum ($ US). This lightweight lotion textured serum works to fight redness, calm irritation, and boost your skin’s tolerance to environmental aggressors. And there is more of a benefit to this than just calming that redness and irritation. Buy retraining your skin to be less reactive, you actually reduce the long term aging effects of inflammation, redness, dehydration, UV rays, pollution, and free radicals. The star ingredients of the formula are:
- Milk Polypeptide from Milk Protein calms redness and inflammation and strengthens skin’s lipid barrier
- Beta Glucan from Yeast Polysaccharide helps to calm and soothe redness and irritation
- Tyrosinase Inhibitor from Wild Canadian Rumex protects blood vessels and helps to decongest and stop swelling. Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Hyaluronic Acid from Yeast boosts hydration, plumping skin
I’m really looking forward to seeing what benefits I’ll see from long term use of this serum.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Phospholipids, Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Lactose, Inulin, Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea Seed Oil, Lactic Acid, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Lactis Proteinum (Milk Protein), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Phenoxyethanol, Aster Maritima/Tripolium Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Rumex Occidentalis Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Geraniol, Linalool
Have you tried REN Clean Skincare? I’d really love to hear what your favorite products are!
Shop the post: