Oh the magic of complimentary colors! Wearing eyeshadow colours that are opposite your eye colour on the color wheel is the best way to make your eyes pop. And boy did this makeup look make my eyes POP! This look was the result of me testing out a bunch of new products for review. I was so smitten with it I just had to share. The incredibly warm tones felt so summery and were a refreshing change after a winter of cooler plums and pinks.
New products being tested in this look are:
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Lit Powder in 13 Ivory (inner corner) and 12 Copper (lid) – review coming soon!
- Givenchy Couture Edition Prisme Libre Loose Powder
- Givenchy Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder Floral Edition
- Urban Decay Vice Special Effects Lip Top Coat in Fever
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid Foundation shade 100
- Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in Lines and Last Night
- Lipstick (I can’t remember!)
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Mascara
I’ll certainly be visiting this look again this spring and summer! Do you love warm terracotta looks like these? I know it can be tricky for a lot of fair women to pull off as we often have cooler toned skin, but I’ blessed with a neutral skin tone that let’s me play up my blue eyes. Even with cooler toned skin you can work with warmer toned browns (just not quite this warm) to play up your eye color as long as you keep your blush and lipstick on the cooler side to balance things out.