The OPI Fall/Winter 2015 Venice Collection brings us 15 gorgeous shades inspired by the romantic and opulent city of Venice. Venice is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever had the pleasure of visiting and this collection, with it’s shades that range from nude to dramatic, are a lovely representation of the range of beauty Venice offers. Of course you have to love the witty OPI shade names!
The shades in the collection are:
- My Gondola or Yours? – Let’s cruise the canals in this luscious black. Sheerer consistency but was still opaque in 2 coats. Lovely graphite fine shimmer.
- St. Mark’s the Spot* – Your search for the perfect royal blue pearl is over. Perfect in 2 coats. This really is the perfect royal blue pearl!
- Venice the Party?* – This aquamarine would be the life of the party. Perfect in 2 coats. This is such a pretty blue.
- Gelato on My Mind – Deliciously sweet and icy-cool, pastel blue. Thinner consistency but good opacity in 2 coats. Fabulous robin’s egg blue!
- I Cannoli Wear OPI – My heart belongs to this pale, creamy gray. A thinner consistency. Needed 3 coats. A gorgeous soft bluish grey.
- A Great Opera-tunity – “Aria” ready to wear this gorgeous melon? Perfect in 2 coats. Beautiful salmon shade.
- Worth a Pretty Penne – Flaunt your fashion “cents’ in this shimmery copper. Great coverage in 2 coats. Could get away with 1. This is a stunning soft copper. Much more beautiful in person.
- It’s a Piazza Cake – Choosing this persimmon creme is as easy as pie. Perfect fall shade with full opacity in 2 coats.
- Amore of the Grand Canal – Let the romance flow in this ravishing red. This is the perfect deep cool red. Gorgeous with effortless application.
- Gimme a Lido Kiss – Pucker up for this saucy, red shimmer. This is a stunning shade. Comes off warmer than in the bottle as the gorgeous shimmer doesn’t come off as pink as it looks in the bottle on the nails.
- Baroque… But Still Shopping!* – It shimmers, it glitters, and it’s gold… it’s mine! It is hard to get much of the glitter to lay down but this khaki toned gold metallic with sparse chunky glitter is unique and so fun.
- Be There is a Prosecco – I’m living in the moment, and in this opaque creme. This was a little tricky to get even in 2 coats but looked presentably opaque.
- Tiramisu for Two – I totally “dessert” this sweet coffee cream. Opaque in 2 coats. There is a hint of blush in this shade. Great nude for my skintone.
- Purple Palazzo Pants – I’ve searched far and wide for this lovely lilac. Perfect in 2 coats. Absolutely adore this lilac.
- O Suzi Mio – This delicious shade of eggplant is all mine. This is mostly opaque in 2 coats. A slight bit of unevenness. Gorgeous deep eggplant purple.
The stunning swatches. You can’t tell me you don’t see a few future faves in here!
The collection is made up of 9 creams, 2 hidden shimmers, 2 pearls, and 2 fun glittery shades. It offers a great range of colours and I am very pleased with the performance and formulas. OPI collections are always a win for me. Their wide brush always makes application so much easier. I would have to say my favourites are Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, Worth a Pretty Penny, Baroque… but Still Shopping!, and St. Mark’s the Spot. OK that’s a lot of favourites but come on, there’s a lot to love in this collection!
*Venice the Party?, Baroque… But Still Shopping!, and St. Mark’s the Spot are limited edition. OPI Fall/Winter 2015 Venice Collection nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush. Nail lacquers will retail for $11.50 CAN each at Professional Salons and spas across Canada. They are available at NailPolishCanada.com for $9.95 CAD. Available in US salons and at Ulta and Ulta.com. There is also a minis set available featuring 4 of the shades.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.