Nicole by OPI, in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products, launches 14 new nail lacquers inspired by ABC’s award-winning comedy, Modern Family. The nail line features shades created to capture the show’s colourful personalities, from a classic taupe named after family patriarch Jay, to a sparkly pink hue fitting for toddler Lily.
“Modern Family is not only one of the funniest shows on television, it features a great ensemble cast of rich characters that inspired a range of shades, from pastel hues like sea foam green and periwinkle to brighter colors of cobalt and red-violet,” remarks Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, Nicole by OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “From studious Alex to bombshell Gloria, to classic (and neurotic) Claire, to flirty Haley, there are shades to represent each of these uniquely fabulous women – and everyone else in the blended family.
The Modern Family Collection includes:
- Am I Making Myself Claire? – Make no mistake…I’m liking this lilac.
- I Do De-Claire! – Let me just say how frosty cool this soft rose is!
- She’s Lily Something – Pink, sparkly stars…so Daddies’ Little Girl-y!
- A Like-Haley Story… – Typical teenagers (and their moms!) will love this not-so-typical fuchsia.
- My Jay or the Highway! – This trendy taupe is inflexibly cool. Period.
- Stand by Your Manny – Be loyal to this periwinkle blue.
- Alex by the Books – Look smart in this seafoam green.
- Haley Good Lookin’… – She’s cookin’ up plans for this pink super-glitter.
- Basking in Gloria – This red-violet is the color of passion.
- Luke of the Draw – Chances are you’ll love this gunmetal glitter.
- A Phil’s Paradise – No fooling…this pewter is the real deal.
- Candid Cameron – Call this teal just like you see it…gorgeous!
- Back in My Gloria Days… – This voluptuous violet has still got it goin’ on!
- What’s the Mitch-uation? – This cobalt blue demands an update.
I have three shades from the collection to share with you;
My Jay or the Highway – Beautiful taupe cream. Nice formula and opaque in two coats. I’m surprise with how much I love this!
Hayley Good Lookin’ – Is dense with fine pink glitter as well as larger hex pink glitter that reflects different shades depending on how they hit the light. It is in a clear base so this one works best as a glitter top coat. Swatches above are two coats over My Jay or the Highway.
Luke of the Draw – Has the same mix of small and larger hex glitter in silver. This polish however has a sheer black base so it works better with about three coats on it’s own. Swatches above are two coats over My Jay or the Highway.
Modern Family lacquers will be available for a limited time beginning January 2013 for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug.
Products provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.