For Fall 2015 Kat Von D Beauty has introduced 9 new bold shades of the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick ($25). I have seven of these new shades to share with you today. These lipsticks come in the signature black studded packaging.
This formula offers intense colour payoff and long wear. I found the formula varied slightly between shades. Most I tested have the highly pigmented, opaque finish, and drier texture that I would associate with a “traditional” matte lipstick formula. A couple of the shades had a bit creamier finish and I found to be more comfortable like Chula and Nayeon. Others were a bit more sheer like Plan 9 and Piaf.
The nine new shades are:
- Mercy – plum shimmer. (Not tested.)
- Nayeon – gunmetal shimmer. This is one of my favorites out of the new shades I tested. It has excellent pigmentation and the shimmer looks amazing! Too bad I don’t have the nerve to wear a gunmetal lipstick!
- Plan 9 – forest green shimmer. This is a really fun colour but it applies unevenly as it is a bit sheerer than the other shades.
- Piaf – mousy chocolate with purple shimmer. This is one of my favorite colors out of the new shades. The chocolate with purple shimmer flash looks so cool! Unfortunately I found the formula made it a little too tricky to wear as it is hard to get an even application.
- Chula – terra cotta. The formula on this is really lovely. Even, opaque coverage with a creamy comfortable feel. Great fall shade.
- Solo – metallic orange. If you can pull of orange this is such a fun shade!
- Magick – nude berry shimmer. This is a gorgeous creamy matte pink with sparse shimmer. I wish they had left out the shimmer as I find it ends up all over my face.
- Halo – bright orange. Halo is amazing. I can see how it got it’s name as it is so bright you would swear it is glowing.
- Tijuana – bold magenta. (Not tested.)
See anything you love? Would you be bold enough to wear some of the more adventurous shades?
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.