One thing I love about summer is the chance to break out some fierce neon nail colours! While I usually restrict neons to my pedicures I am starting to get a little more adventurous wearing them on my nails. I can credit OPI with this new boldness as their first full sized Neon by OPI Collection for 2014 shades are just too beautiful not to flaunt. These six new shades, along with the white neon boosting base coat Put a Coat On!, are being added to the permanent collection.
- Life Gave Me Lemons – This citrusy lemon-lime hits the spot every time! This shade is so awesome! The lemon lime hue is original and it’s super bright and fun. Man did it stain my nails though so watch out! Perfect in two coats.
- You are So Outta Lime! – Here comes trouble and she’s wearing this outspoken lime green! This is an absolutely incredible neon lime. My favourite in the collection. Perfect in two coats.
- Push & Pur-Pull – This forceful purple has got me coming and going! This is a really fun purple. Not quite as neon as I would have expected but beautiful nonetheless. A little uneven after two coats as shown.
- Juice Bar Hopping – This tangerine cream makes me jump for joy! Fabulous neon orange. Don’t know what else to say. Even in two coats.
- Down to the Core-al – The beauty of this brilliant coral goes beyond skin deep. This is the most stunning neon coral with pink micorshimmer. It did require three coats for even coverage.
- Hotter than You Pink – Just when you think pink can’t get any hotter, there’s this! – This is one hot pink! The intense cool blue microshimmer really make it stand out. Love! It also required three coats for even coverage.
Put a Coat On! – Amp up any bright shade with this color-boosting base coat. You really need to make sure this is fully dry before applying the shades. Even when try it still has a tendency for cuticle drag. I wish it was a little more even but it really does amp up the neons well.
The Neons by OPI are a summer must and will be available in both nail lacquer and GelColor (for professionals only) formulas beginning May 2014. Nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application and will retail for $10.95 at professional salons and spas across Canada. GelColor is an in-salon, professional service only. Prices depend on the salon and range from $28-$38 for a manicure and $35 – $45 for a pedicure.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.