NARS has just released a new concealer and I must say, it’s a real hero product for me. The new NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer ($30 US/$38 CAD) comes in pot form. Being in pot form, I expected this concealer to be either really thick and creamy, or dry and dense. I was incredibly pleased to discover that the Soft Matte Complete Concealer actually has an incredibly light airy texture and feel on the skin. It is creamy and easy to apply and blend without being greasy or too creamy. The formula contains an Optimal Diffusion Powder to help diffuse, as well as absorb and refract, light to give skin a soft focus, airbrushed finish. The formula contains collagen boosting peptides, hyaluronic acid, ans well as a cocktail of antioxidant vitamins to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pores while plumping the skin.
The most delighting thing about this concealer is that it works equally well under the eye as it does to conceal imperfections. The trick to this concealer is that you require very little product for amazing coverage. Thanks to the light amount of product required the concealer resists migrating or settling into lines and pores, and it looks incredibly natural on the skin. I don’t even find I need to set the concealer, even under eyes, because it dries to a lovely soft matte, powder finish that is locked in and set for the day. Concealers always settle into the fines lines around my eyes but this formula does so incredibly minimally on me and isn’t noticeable unless I am scrutinizing in a mirror. The fact I can skip setting powder under my eyes is a big win for me because I find powders, while usually necessary to prevent creasing, accentuate the dryness under my eyes.
The formula is oil free, long wearing, and available in 16 shades with a range of undertones to suit a variety of complexion. The shades are:
- Chantilly – True ivory for a light complexion
- Vanilla – Ivory with a cast of pink for a light complexion
- Crème Brulee – Fair with a light pink undertone
- Canelle – Light with a peachy undertone
- Honey – Warm peach for light-to-medium complexions
- Custard – Yellow tone for light-to-medium complexions
- Macademia – Medium with a peachy undertone
- Ginger – Golden undertone for medium complexions
- Biscuit – Medium dark with neutral undertones
- Caramel – Medium dark with yellow and golden undertones
- Chestnut – Medium with pink undertones
- Amanda – Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Hazelnut – Medium dark with warm red undertones
- Café – Dark with warm red undertones
- Cacao – Dark with deep, golden brown undertones
- Dark Coffee – Dark brown with olive undertones
I have the two lightest shades, Chantilly and Vanilla. Chantilly is perfect for under my eyes and Vanilla, being a bit darker, it perfect for concealing imperfections.
Are you excited about this new concealer launch from NARS? Let me know your thoughts if you’ve tried it. It’s available now at narscosmetics.com and will be available in January 2017 at Sephora and at other retailers in February 2017.