While the Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer ($39 CAD/30ml) is certainly not a new product it is new to me. I had avoided ever trying it as I had mistakenly assumed it would have the same thick, heavy silicone gel feel of other silicone based primers. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The HD Microperfecting Primer has a very fluid, light texture. Almost like a light lotion. It doesn’t have the silicone feel that I dislike yet it still offers the soft blurring effect and smoothed surface to the skin to ease foundation application. It helps my foundation last longer through the day and I love the scent.
I like that I feel this primer is nourishing my dry skin rather than just leaving a heavy barrier on my skin. The HD Microperfecting Primer contains:
- Argatensyl to smooth and enhance the skin’s surface.
- Silica micro balls & Elastomer silicone to give a soft finish to the skin.
- D-Panthenol & Glycerin to provide optimal skin hydration. (+60%)
- Phycosaccharide to create a shield that protects from external aggressions and brings stability to the makeup.
Full ingredient listing for shade #0 Neutral: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].
There are 6 other shades available to correct and enhance skin:
- #1 Green minimizes redness (ideal for rosacea)
- #2 Mauve neutralizes strong olive undertones
- #4 Caramel adds a warm glow to deeper skintones
- #5 Blue gives a porcelain finish to fair skin tones
- #6 Yellow adds golden tones to dark complexions
- #7 Pink adds brightness and warmth
I really want to check out the Green and Blue shades to see the effect on my fair skin with quite a bit of redness.
Available exclusively at SEPHORA, Sephora.ca, and MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutiques.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.