I am already a huge fan of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes and Artist Liners. When I heard about the new MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA XL Eye Pencils I wondered how on earth could they possibly release another eyeliner. I would have to assume if they were releasing a new liner it would be an improvement upon what the brand already offered, but that seemed like such a tall order. Well wow, let me tell you, these AQUA XL eyeliners are amazing! These are my new go to eyeliners. They are so smooth and creamy and give amazing colour payoff. They stay looking absolutely perfect until you remove them. I am so happy these are a permanent addition to the line.
The MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA XL Eye Pencil ($ US/$ CAD) features an exclusive, extra-long (XL) lasting formula, offering three exceptional traits:
- XL Performance – A blend of flexible resin for long-lasting results, vegetable wax for consistent colour payoff, and a revolutionary dry oil that locks in the color and creates water resistance. All this gives these liners guaranteed waterproof, smudge-proof, transfer-proof and sweat-proof performance.
- XL Colour – Unique, translucent, crystal copolymer gels helps amplify color intensity and brightness.
- XL Comfort – Emollient oil and microspherical silica provides an easy, creamy and smooth application. Mango butter helps prevent skin dryness on application and throughout the day.
- M-10 Matte black
- D-12 Diamond black
- M-14 Matte charcoal gray
- S-50 Satiny taupe
- M-60 Matte dark brown
- D-62 Diamond brown
- ME-42 Metallic bronze
- I-36 Iridescent khaki
- I-34 Iridescent pop green
- I-32 Iridescent lagoon green
- M-30 Matte pastel green
- M-26 Matte pastel blue
- I-24 Iridescent blue with green sparkles
- M-22 Matte majorelle blue
- S-20 Satiny navy blue
- I-90 Iridescent pop purple
- M-80 Matte plum
- M-92 Matte pastel purple
- M-40 Matte pastel yellow
- M-16 Matte white
I am just so impressed with these eyeliners. The pastel mattes are particularly impressive. Such opaque even coverage with such soft pale shades. Gorgeous! Work d of warning to be gentle with the pastel shades as I found them to be softer than the other shades and I broke a couple of the tips off during swatching. There were only two shades out of the full lineup that work intensley pigmented in one swipe. Those were S-50 and I-90. I was still able to achieve full bold colour with ease with a few layers of the liner.
When they say these are waterproof and budgeproof they really aren’t messing around. If you missed the video I posted on Instagram check out how incredibly these perform!
A little demo of how kickass the new Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencils are. ?????? You can tell by my skin how hard I’m running. ? #makeup #beauty #cosmetics #makeupforever #mufe #eyeliner #mufeaquaxl #waterproof #budgeproof @makeupforeverofficial @makeupforeverca #aquaxlcolorfestival
A video posted by Christa Potter (@perilouslypale) on May 6, 2016 at 1:42pm PDT
Have you picked up any of these yet? What shades are you most excited to try first?
Shop the post:
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.