I have two shades of the new MAC Liptensity Lipstick to share with you today. This new collection of 24 shades of lipstick is said to push the boundaries of colour with their High-Frequency Tetrachromatic Pigments technology created with tetrachromat Maureen Seaberg. Someone with a unique genetic ability to see up to 100 million hues imperceptible to the average naked eye.
I think the concept of the collection is kind of funny because if only Maureen can see these nuances of colour then what’s the point of incorporating them into a lipstick collection? Am I right? Regardless of that, what I can attest to is that the richness and intensity of colour in the two shades I have tried (Dionysus and Blue Beat) is really exceptional. The lipsticks have a very firm texture, without feeling dry in any way, that needs to warm a bit to the skin to smooth onto the lips. They impart opaque and vibrant colour with a softly glossy sheen.
I am really loving this formula. I love the finish of cream lipsticks but don’t care for slick textures with too much slip. This formula offers me the opaque, glossy, creamy colour I love, without having too much slip. I must try out some softer shades in the collection. It’s a shame these are limited edition.
The packaging is amazing. I love the sleek metal tubes and the colour coordinated caps. It makes choosing your shade out of your lipstick collection so easy.
The full lineup of shades in the range are:
- Ambrosial – bright plum pink
- Blue Beat – deep dark blue
- Burnt Violet – dark plum
- Claretcast – mid-tone magenta
- Cordovan – deep rose red
- Dionysus – deep plum
- Doe – creamy neutral brown
- Double Fudge – intense dark brown
- Driftwood – soft lilac beige
- Eros – warm hot pink
- Fireworks – vivid, bright red
- Galaxy Grey – light bluish grey
- Gumball – creamy blush pink
- Habanero – vibrant orange-red
- Hellebore – vibrant mid-tone purple
- Life’s Blood – bright berry red
- Lobster – burnt orange
- Marsala – deep magenta pink
- Mediumrare – creamy soft pink
- Mulling Spices – burgundy brown-red
- Postmodern – amped coral pink
- Smoked Almond – bright rose brown
- Stallion – deep black
- Toast and Butter – peachy cinnamon
Available online September 20, 2016 and in store starting September 21 through November 17, 2016.