Today I’m excited to share with you the entire new range of L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lipstick ($10.99 CAD) and L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lip Liner ($10.99 CAD). These are new formulas to the L’Oreal lineup.
L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lipsticks
The new Matte Lipsticks have a very creamy pigmented formula that thankfully isn’t a totally flat matte. They range (depending on the shade) from a more satin matte to a more traditional matte finish. They are beautifully pigmented and all shades applied evenly. While I’m not much of a matte lipstick fan I found these felt and wore more like a traditional lipstick and were quite comfortable and non-drying. The lighter, more nude shades, were a little more flat in finish with a slightly drier consistency while the brighter and darker hues had a silkier texture with a very slight subtle sheen to them.
There are 12 shades of the L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lipstick:
- 102 Matte-ly in Love
- 402 Devil’s Matte-vocate (formerly Blake’s Red)
- 403 Matte-traction Red (formerly Eva’s Red)
- 405 Doesn’t Matte-r
- 703 Matte Moiselle Pink (formerly Eva’s Pink)
- 707 Matte-jestic
- 711 At the Drop of a Matte
- 712 Matte-mandate
- 800 Matte-caron
- 802 Matte-sterpiece
- 804 He Thinks He’s Matte-cho
- 806 Matte-itude
There is a nice range of shades but the colour selection is a little heavy on the nudes and reds with not a whole lot of variety in between.
L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lip Liners
The new L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lip Liners are really, really lovely. They are intensely pigmented, very smooth and creamy, and budgeproof. They are a dream to apply. It can be a little confusing pairing them with the lipsticks though because I didn’t feel the shades matched up well for the most part. There are 8 available shades:
- 100 Matte in Manhattan
- 102 In Matte-uated With You
- 104 Curiosity Killed the Matte
- 106 Strike a Matte-ch
- 108 Best Mattes
- 110 Matte’s It
- 112 Matte-stermind
- 114 Matte-ing Call
L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte Lipstick and Lip Liner Swatches
In the swatches below I paired the following Lip Liner shades with the Lipsticks:
- 102 Matte-ly in Love with 102 In Matte-uated
- 402 Devil’s Matte-vocate with 100 Matte in Manhattan
- 403 Matte-traction Red with 100 Matte in Manhattan
- 405 Doesn’t Matte-r with no liner
- 703 Matte Moiselle Pink with 110 Matte’s It
- 707 Matte-jestic with 104 Curiosity Killed the Matte blotted off
- 711 At the Drop of a Matte – with 106 Strike a Matte-ch
- 712 Matte-mandate – 108 Best Mattes
- 800 Matte-caron – 110 Matte’s It
- 802 Matte-sterpiece – 114 Matte-ing Call
- 804 He Thinks He’s Matte-cho – 112 Matte-stermind
- 806 Matte-itude – with 110 Matte’s It
Do you love matte lipsticks? Will you be checking out this new launch from L’Oreal?
I am quite a fan of matte lipsticks, but not when they are completely flat and super drying so these seem like a good pick. I really like the colour line up so I will give these a try when I see them!
Hilary | Lipstick & Lattes
Kyla Ewing says
These are very beautiful. I have Matte-sterpiece lipstick and the lip pencil in Matte-stermind. The pencils are very creamy and I’m going to get another one!