Well be prepared to giggle… Covergirl, Pantene Pro-V, and Olay have a YouTube channel called Looking Glass. You can find amazing hair and makeup tips and tutorials there. In the March 2014 edition of Fashion Magazine they have a Spring Beauty insert featuring 6 Spring 2014 hair and makeup looks created by Covergirl Makeup Pro Amélie Ducharme and Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German representing the trends that stood out for them at the Spring 2014 New York, Paris, London, and Milan fashion shows. Beauty United members like myself were tasked with choosing a look we would like to recreate from the insider’s guide and using a Walmart gift card provided to us to pick up the required Covergirl, Pantene Pro-V, and Olay products needed to create the look. I, of course, had to choose the wildest, funnest look because that is how I roll. Go big or go home right? Why not make it fun! I chose the Colour Field look. And yes, I look ridiculous. Beautiful 20 year old model who can sport any look I am not. Enjoy!
The Colour Field Look features the following products:
- COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Lime Green Flame
- COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadow in Tropical Fusion
- COVERGIRL Clean Liquid Makeup for Sensitive Skin (Shade Ivory 205)
- COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
- COVERGIRL Ink It Eyeliner in Black Ink
- COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara
- COVERGIRL Smoochies in Sweet Tweet
- Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
- Pantene Advanced + Keratin Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
- Pantene Advanced + Keratin Repair Keragloss Oil Mist
- Prep skin with Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream Moisturizer
- Using CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Tropical Fusion sweep dark green shadow across your eyelids and into the crease and dark blue shadow from the inner corner of your eyes to your eyebrows.
- blend the coral colour from your eyelids’s crease to your brow bone and lime greaan and dark blue shades along your lower lash line.
- Rim your upper and lower lashes with black eyeliner and stroke black mascara onto your lashes
- For a flawless base apply CoverGirl Clean Liquid Makeup for Sensitive Skin.
- Finally, sweep CoverGirl Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices across the apples of your cheeks and add a swipe of gloss to your lips.
- This look starts with healthy looking, shiny hair. After washing and conditioning your hair with Pantene Pro-V Advanced+ Keratin Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, apply a dollop of volumizing mousse to your roots and lightly mist Pantene Pro-V Advanced+ Keratin Repair Keragloss Oil Mist all over.
- Blow dry with your fingers, pulling your hair away from your face to enhance volume
- Using a curling irn, curl the lower half of your hair, two-inch sections at a time. (I skipped this and just used my natural curl). Leave the roots straight and then soften the waves with a brush.
- Spritz the oil mist on the front, top layers to give your hair a glossy look.
You can watch the video tutorial of the Colour Field Look here:
I must say this was pretty fun to recreate. The Tropical Fusion palette happens to be amazing. I am glad I opted for this look or I probably would have never tried it. You can find information on this, as well as the 5 other (far more wearable) Spring 2014 Trend Looks in the March 2014 edition of Fashion Magazine and on the Looking Glass YouTube channel.
Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.