shu uemura always nails it with their seasonal collection packaging and the latest collection is no exception. The Kye for shu uemura Summer 2016 Collection is inspired by the K-Pop (Korean pop) culture that has not only taken Asia by storm, but is becoming a global sensation as well. For their summer collection shu uemura has teamed up with designer Kathleen Kye, who is the high end, high fashion K-Pop streetwear designer renowned for her sophisticated and innovative designs that feature high-tech experimentation as it’s trademark. Graphical emoticons, cool dimension pressing, laser cutting, caviar beads all make her garments stand out and the graphic nature of her designs in reflected in the fun, playful packaging in this collection.
The collection tells the story of KYE and the youthful culture surrounding the designer through playful iconography. in a new twist, KYE’s modern fashion sense gets redesigned with shu uemura’s Tokyo edge. a mixture of new era fashion culture and hype beauty as seen through the eyes of KYE and shu uemura, two creative forces that showcase Asian beauty style to the world. hot spots, trendy people and kool pop culture that will inspire… through an edgy street make-up collection with shu uemura, Asia’s most talked about fashion designer guides you to through K-wave where the energy of youthful communities, gender fluidity, and fresh creativity form the unique beauty and fashion aesthetic that’s taking the world by storm.
All the products feature fun graphics in bright and playful colours.
My favorite product in the collection is the KYE for shu uemura sheer color balm ($36 CAD). These are so fun and absolutely gorgeous on the lips. They are a melting balm that reacts to your lips PH to enhance the colour. They have lips the most beautiful glow and feel incredible. They are packaged in slick black tubes with the KYE for shu uemura graphic icons in coordinating shades.
There are three shades available:
- glow in pink– cute and pink as a K-popsicle.
- melt in orange– roar in orange like a Korean gummy tiger.
- hugged in peach – hibiscus peach glides on smooth.
I wish you could better see the beauty of these balms in pics because they are so pretty in real life!
My absolute favorite shade is hugged in peach with melt in orange coming in second.
Next up we have the KYE for shu uemura fresh cushion blush ($39 CAD). This is a cushion compact blush that comes in the beautiful KYE for shu uemura packaging.
It comes in two shades:
- hibiscus orange– cheek color that promises perfect harmony with bold eye line and eye brows.
- hibiscus pink– add a vibrant blooming hibiscus flower – like flash to your final look.
The shades are very delicate and soft with a lovely bright quality. I think they are probably best suited to lighter skin tones as they are gentle shades.
Another must have in the collection is the KYE for shu uemura drawing pencil ($28 CAD). The drawing pencils have such an incredibly smooth and pigmented formula. They are waterproof, budge proof, and are a go to for me for tightlining my upper waterline.
There are four beautifully packaged shades in the collection:
- M white 91– a daring line that hypnotically transforms eyes.
- ME pink 12– a vivid compliment for bold rose brows.
- ME navy 61 – go for monotone eyes and brows in kool blue.
- M black 01– an eternal classic welcomed into the Kye-beauty kolor kommunity.
I don’t have the white but the remaining three shades are swatched below.
The remaining products in the collection are all about edgy, trendy brows. They shades are designed for those with darker hair so I haven’t tested them but if you have darker brows these will be so fun to play with! Edgy but tastefully and subtly done.
KYE for shu uemura brow: palette ($55 CAD) beautifully packaged brow palettes including two shades to create bold and edgy brows. Available in 3 shades:
- cappuccino/dark rose – playful yet wearable brow shade.
- seal brown/stone gray – cool color combination to seamlessly blend in yet amplify the eye area.
- walnut brown/acorn – compliment modern color with the traditional shades inspired by Korean porcelain.
KYE for shu uemura brow sword ($42 CAD)1st pre-shaped brow pencil is easy and soft to draw the lines as you desire. Japanese naginata sword shape design is for precise control, creating a natural shape. This is the coolest brow pencil I’ve ever seen. This takes the tapered, angled brow pencils to a new level. There is a spoolie on the opposite end.
Available in 5 shades:
- dark rose (limited edition) a purplish deep brown that adds a touch of sophistication to a wide range of hair color.
- dark violet (limited edition) -bluish deep gray that delivers an exotic, edgy remix to your look. *eyebrow manicure contains pearls.
- walnut brown
- stone gray
KYE for shu uemura eyebrow manicure ($26 CAD) – The long selling, beloved brow color gel is available in new limited edition shades.
- dark rose (limited shade) – a purplish deep brown that adds a touch of sophistication to a wide range of hair colors.
- dark violet (limited shade) – bluish deep gray that delivers an exotic, edgy remix to your look. *eyebrow manicure contains pearls.
- tea beige
- palm beige
- ash brown
There are also specially packaged editions of the AMAZING shu uemura ultime8 and POREfinist cleansing oils. The ultime8 cleansing oil has been my holy grail for years now and I don’t see that changing.
- KYE for shu uemura ultime8 sublime beauty cleansing oil ($48 CAD) – infused with 8 exquisite oils from botanical origin. a cashmere-like cocooning oil for sublime skin quality.
- KYE for shu uemura POREfinist anti-shine fresh cleansing oil ($38 CAD) – a water-like fresh oil to remove excess sebum and remove keratotic plugs from inside pores. with new Cinnamon Bark Extract known for a sebum secretion regulating effect. it leaves skin shine-less and smooth with less visible pores.