Hello Kitty® is a true pop icon if I’ve ever seen one. There are as many adult fans as there are child fans, making her the perfect muse for OPI’s latest collection. The Hello Kitty by OPI Collection celebrates all things happy, cute, colorful and sweet with 12 limited-edition nail lacquers and matching GelColor shades.
“Hello Kitty generates happiness in a way that really resonates here at OPI, because we are seeking to do the same thing with color as our medium,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Co-Founder & Brand Ambassador. “We wanted to infuse this collection with all the charm and playfulness of its namesake,” adds Weiss-Fischmann, “Together with their names, these lacquers capture Hello Kitty’s world to perfection, and of course, many of the colors also echo runway trends we’ve seen for 2016. Think delicious pinks, punchy primaries, pearly white and licorice black.”
There are many really great shades in this collection, and I know some will become favorites. I can be picky sometimes about liking particular shades of pink and this collection really nails it. There is also a black shade that is excellent quality and a new favorite blue for my collection.
- Let’s Be Friends! This cotton-candy pink is my new bestie. – This is a very soft pale pink cream. It needs 3 coats for full opacity. Shown is 2 coats.
- Small + Cute = ♥︎ Do the math…this baby pink is perfect. – This baby pink has a sheerer finish and applies a bit unevenly with 2 coats. It such a pretty pink.
- Look at My Bow! This sweet-girl pink sits right at the top. – Love, love, love this pretty pink cream.
- Charmmy & Sugar Sparkly pink for pretty pets. – One coat swatched over Small + Cute = ♥︎. This is a really beautiful multicolour glitter in an iridescent shimmer. It has a great concentration of shimmer and could be worn alone with 3 coats. As a top coat only one coat is needed.
- Starry-eyed for Dear Daniel You will just love this fun pink super-glitter. – One coat over Look at My Bow!. Beautiful and concentrated multi tonal pink glitter and shimmer. Could be worn alone with 3 coats. As a top coat only one coat is needed.
- Kitty White Pearl-of-a-girl white. – Sheer white pearl shimmer. Shown with 2 coats.
- Super Cute in Pink The pinker, the better. – This is a translucent jelly quality finish. Such a gorgeous violet pink.
- Spoken from the Heart I have deep feelings for this pretty coral. – Bright vibrant coral toned pink with a translucent jelly quality. I absolutely love this one.
- 5 Apples Tall This apple red really measures up. – Stunning bright apple red cream.
- My Twin Mimmy This sunny yellow is twice as nice. – Lovely sunny yellow with a bit of sheerness but applies quite evenly in two coats.
- My Pal Joey This true blue is always there for you. – I am not usually much of a fan of blue nail polish but this shade is utter perfection and I’m in love. Perfect in two coats.
- Never Have Too Mani Friends Let’s ink a date for our next manicure! – Outstanding black cream that is fully opaque in two coats.
Say Hello Kitty! Special Edition And say hello to bright, fuchsia shimmer. (Not shown).
What are your favorite shades in this collection?
The Hello Kitty by OPI collection retails for ($9.50 US/$11.50 CAD) and is available now at professional salons, Beauty Brands, beautybrands.com, nailpolishcanada.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis, ULTA and ulta.com.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.