One of my favourite Makeup Artists in the industry, Charlotte Tilbury, received the Makeup Artist of the Year Award at the first ever InStyle Awards on Monday. Charlotte was presented her award by her friend, and client, Kim Kardashian West. Some of Charlotte’s other celebrity clients, Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Olivia Culpo, were there to celebrate. I am excited to be able to show you their looks from the event!
I have been a fan of Charlotte Tilbury for years and was so excited when her incredible beauty line was finally launched in the US and Canada this year. She works on some of the most famous faces in the world for red carpet events like the Oscars and Golden Globes. She also happened to do the makeup for the gorgeous Amal Clooney at her and George’s wedding. It’s no wonder that celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Penelope Cruz, Cara Delevigne, Sofia Vergara, Olivia Palermo, Naomi Campbell, Ashley Greene, and more turn to Charlotte when they want to look their best.
Here are details on some of the looks from the event, beginning with my favourite of the night:
For the InStyle event, Olivia was wearing a divine, deep crimson, high-necked dress by Elie Saab. Her look was all about sexy, sultry seventies glamour, teamed with The Vintage Vamp makeup look which is all about this smouldering vintage wisteria-smoke eye.
- BASE: Charlotte created a beautiful, red-carpet-ready base using Charlotte’s Magic Cream, Wonderglow, Light Wonder 5 Medium, The Retoucher in shades 2 & 3.
- EYES: Charlotte started by curling the lashes with Life Changing Lashes. The Vintage Vamp Palette was used for the eyes. She washed the prime shade back and forth across the eyelid, doing the same with the Enhance shade, working it into the outer corners. The Smoke shade was traced along the upper and lower lash line, whilst a gorgeous Feline Flick was created with Rock N’ Kohl Barbarella Brown liner. The eye look was finished with lashings of Full Fat Lashes mascara.
- FACE: Charlotte used her Powder and Sculpt brush to accentuate the cheekbones – simply suck in the cheeks, and follow the hollow. Then the Bronzer Brush was used to blend in where the sun would naturally hit you: the temples, forehead, and cheeks. The complexion was finished with a swish and pop of the cheek to chic blush: Love Is The Drug.
- LIPS: Charlotte gave the The Vintage Vamp’s sexy signature lip a modern, Matte Revolution twist using Lip Cheat in Savage Rose, to line the lip, and filled in the perfect pout with Matte Revolution in Glastonberry.
Shop the look:
Miranda was wearing an enchanting white dress by the designer Ulyana Sergeenko. Her look was The Bombshell, a look inspired by the silver screen sirens of the past like Marilyn Monroe, and the modern icons of today like Miranda herself – it’s all about striking red lip, flawless, dreamy skin, and accentuated eyes.
- BASE: To create the perfect canvas of glowing skin, Charlotte used Charlotte’s Magic Cream, Wonderglow, Light Wonder 4 Fair, The Retoucher in shades 2 & 3.
- EYES: Charlotte framed the face by brushing up Miranda’s brown and enhanced the natural shape of the brow with Brow Lift Cara D. Charlotte started the Bombshell eye look by curling the eyelashes with Life-Changing Lashes. The eyes were then gilded with Eyes To Mesmerise in Jean and then defined with Eyes To Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette along the upper lash line, and underneath the eye. The Feline Flick was created using Rock N’ Kohl Barbarella Brown along the upper lash line. Next Charlotte, applied lashings and lashings of her Full Fat Lashes Mascara.
- FACE: Charlotte accentuated Miranda’s naturally defined cheekbones using the Sculpt shade of the Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette. You simply suck in the cheeks and follow the hollow. For the final touches on the face, Charlotte applied a swish and pop of the Cheek to Chic blush in Sex on Fire.
- LIP: This look is all the strong red lip, achieved by lining the lip in Lip Cheat Kiss ‘N’ Tell and filling in the perfect pout with Matte Revolution Red Carpet Red – it is the classic Bombshell statement lip.
Shop the look:
Alessandra was wearing a hypnotizing, cut-out white dress by a designer called Alexandre Vauthier. It looked perfect with the natural, beachy, bronzed, Golden Goddess look Charlotte created. on Alessandra – it was all about sun-kissed skin, contoured, gilded lids and pretty, pink, just-kissed lips.
- BASE: For perfected, beautiful skin, Charlotte prepped the skin with her Magic Cream and Wonderglow. The flawless base was achieved with Light Wonder 6 Medium and The Retoucher shade 2.
- EYES: Charlotte brushed up and enhanced Alessandra’s luscious brown with Brow Lift Grace K & Brooke S. The eye lids were washed in Eyes To Mesmerise in Jean and defined with a gorgeously, elongating Feline Flick, using Rock N’ Kohl Barbarella Brown.
- FACE: The Golden Goddess look is never complete without some genius contouring using the Filmstar Bronze and Glow. Charlotte carved some Killer Cheekbones before applying Beach Sticks in Moon Beach & Las Salinas to the apples of the cheeks to give them a gold-flecked, tawny-rose blush of colour. It was set in place with a swish and pop of Love Glow blusher.
- LIPS: The pretty, pink, just-kissed lip was created by tracing the natural outline of the lip with Lip Cheat Pillow Talk, and then filled them in using a combination of Bitch Perfect & Stoned Rose from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick collection. A tiny amount of Hall Fame Lip Lustre was applied to the middle of the lips to accentuate the sumptuous fullness of Alessandra’s lips.
Shop the look:
Which is your favourite look? I think I need more Vintage Vamp in my life!