I was lucky enough to be invited to the Maybelline Canada Fall 2012 Global Beauty Trends event last week in Toronto. We were shown some incredible fall trend looks by Maybelline New York’s head Canadian makeup artist Grace Lee. I received a beautiful hard cover Global Beauty Trends Book that I will try to share with you in a future post. We were also introduced to some new and upcoming products from Maybelline. One of the ones I’m most excited to share with you is the new Dream Fresh BB Cream which is available this month.
The one-step wonder for good a good skin day, every day.
Maybelline promotes an 8-in-1 solution for modern women everywhere:
- Helps prevent sunburn with SPF 30.
- Helps blur the look of imperfections.
- Creates a natural looking glow.
- Skin looks visibly smoother.
- Compliments skin tone.
- Hydrates all day.
- Feels fresh.
The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream contains skin improving benefits such as glycerin for hydration, aloe extract to soothe, and chamomile extract to calm skin. It is a water-gel formula that glides on and blends into skin for discreet coverage.
There are so many reasons I’m excited about this new BB Cream. I will try to highlight a few of them:
- Extensive shade range of 5 shades ranging from very fair to very deep. I’d heard some attendees excited about the fact this was the first BB cream they had tried that offered a deep enough shade for their skin. There are also two exceptional offerings for us pale skinned gals. The sample I was provided was in the shade Light Medium which as you’ll see is a great match. Even more exciting than that there is an even lighter shade called Light. This is also an excellent match for my skin when I am not aiming to blend in my freckles as much and for the winter months.
- There is a sun protection factor of 30 from purely mineral sunscreen (titanium dioxide).
- It looks amazing on skin and it’s completely invisible! It managed to do a lovely job of naturally evening out my skin tone yet I could not detect it on my face at all. Usually with any product I have at least a small amount of accumulation of product in the deep creases around my mouth and nose. With Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream there was nothing.
- You can reapply this throughout the day for additional sun protection and it still looks perfect. This part truly astounded me. When I first applied it for testing I didn’t bother setting it with a powder because I was so in love with the finish. Several hours later in the day I was going out and decided to reapply just to see what happened. Well it freshened up the finish and coverage and was STILL completely invisible. No issues with the product caking or looking unnatural. It was if I’d freshly applied it on clean skin. Later that evening when going out again I reapplied it a third time with the same amazing results. This truly impressed me. We all know we are supposed to reapply sunscreen throughout the day but on my face I never do because I’m not about to remove my makeup for reapplication every time. Now when I know I will be spending the day in the sun I will be wearing Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream!
- Incredibly affordable. A 30ml tube retails for only $10.99 CA.
Shade comparison to the Marcelle BB Cream in Light Medium:
Before and after:
*Please note products provided by company for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinion.