This week’s Makeup Wars feature is all about skincare and I thought what better time than now to update you on my progress and results with the SkinCeuticals Advanced Brightening System that I introduced you to here. I had intended to follow up after 30 days but it turns out it’s actually been 2 months now! I have been so happy using this system that I wasn’t in a rush to move on to the next thing to test. I will be continuing to use these products as I enjoying using them as part of my daily routine with whatever moisturizers and eye treatments I’m currently using or testing.
As a refresher, here are the products included in the system (which can also be purchased separately):
- Phloretin CF: Powerful antioxidant that combines patented combination of 2% phloretin, 10% pure vitamin C, and 0.5% ferulic acid. Phloretin CF shields skin from damaging free radicals as it restores a more radiant, even complexion.
- Retexturing Activator: Revolutionary resurfacing and replenishing serum helps to reinforce the skin’s barrier for healthier, more radiant skin.
- Retinol 0.5: Highly concentrated refining night treatment to diminish the appearance of age spots, uneven tone, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Advanced Skin Discoloration Corrector: Daily multi-action treatment to reduce the appearance of stubborn discoloration.
- Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50: Groundbreaking, weightless, 100% physical sunscreen provides water-resistant broad spectrum protection with transparent titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (Z-Cote®).
I am really loving this whole system. The texture of my skin has really improved and the overall tone and clarity have evened out. I had an almost yellowish cast to my face from overall sun damage that has been reduced significantly. My sunspots haven’t disappeared but I do believe they are noticeably fading. If my sensitive skin could handle more frequent use of the Retinol 0.5 I’m sure I’d have even more impressive results! I have managed to get up to 3x a week using it but I can’t seem to push past that level of usage as I still experience some peeling. I don’t always use the Advanced Skin Discolouration Corrector in the mornings as I find it can ball up a bit when I apply my makeup but I do use it every evening.. I am really impressed with the Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50. It feels amazing on the skin, isn’t greasy, performs beautifully under makeup, and it doesn’t make my eyes water. Yay!
Here is the routine I’ve been following which I have been complimenting with other day and night creams as well as eye treatments.
– Phloretin CF
– Retexturing Activator
– Advanced Skin Discoloration Corrector (some mornings)
– Physical Fusion UV Defense
– Retinol 0.5 2-3x/week. (Wait 30 minutes between using any other “corrective products”.)
– Retexturing Activator
– Advanced Skin Discoloration Corrector
Here’s a little before and after pic (before on the left, after on the right). I really don’t feel like this image even does the results justice. I know looking in the mirror I see a more noticeable improvement.
What skincare products are you loving lately?
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.