Charlotte Tilbury has released a new lipstick collection. The Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick Collection includes sixteen lipsticks, four of which are existing bestselling favourites, that were inspired by, and created in collaboration with, some the world’s most inspiring female celebrities. During the first two months of sales of these lipsticks, $2 for each one sold will be donated to Women for Women International, an organization which actively works to better the lives of women around the world who are affected by extremism and conflict occurring within their country.
The Hot Lips Lipstick ($38 CAD/$32 US) shades are available in both Fallen From the Lipstick Tree (cream) and Luminous Modern-Matte formulas.
The 12 new shades in the collection are:
- Electric Poppy (matte) – Inspired by Poppy Delevingne. This cerise cherry is electric like Poppy’s personality and style, it makes a statement on her beautiful English-rose complexion. Whether she’s casual or chic, she is always hypnotising.
- Miranda May (matte) – Inspired by Miranda Kerr. A fresh, pinky coral inspired by the sunsets of Malibu and Bondi Beach. This shade perfectly matches Miranda’s effortless fresh-faced beauty. The colour contrast makes her blue eyes light up and sparkle!
- Hot Emily (cream) – Inspired by Emily Ratakjowski. Hot Emily is an incredible coral that is inspired by the retro bright hues of the 1970s. Emily is the ultimate combination of fresh-faced girl next door from ‘American Love Story,’ with a cool, confident, Charlie’s Angels’ raunchiness.
- Secret Salma (matte) – Inspired by Salma Hayek. Salma’s smouldering and sexy colouring is so enchanting that I wanted to bottle it! That natural deep-rose plum brings out her beautiful brown eyes, adding instant sultry Latin sex appeal to anyone who wears it.
- Hel’s Bells (matte) – Inspired by Helena Bonham-Carter. This rich, magenta mulberry is inspired by Helena’s quintessentially British style and beauty. Eccentric and one-of-a-kind, this mesmerising, deep wine-hued lipstick is both Gothic and eclectic.
- Super Cindy (matte) – Inspired by Cindy Crawford. Cindy is a timeless iconic beauty. This taupey nude completely embodies her fresh-faced all-American beauty, and harks back to the gorgeous nudes of the nineties that feel so relevant today.
- Carina’s Love (matte) – Inspired by Chinese actress Carina Lau, this screen siren red is so hot it can be worn on its own. Carina’s natural beauty is accentuated when she wears gorgeous red lips, a colour that in Chinese culture symbolises good fortune and joy.
- Kidman’s Kiss (matte) – Inspired by Nicole Kidman. As a fellow redhead, Nicole has always been an inspiration of mine. This just-kissed rose petal-pink is so dreamy, it’s reminiscent of the flourish of colour on the lips of Pre-Raphaelite beauties. Perfect for all complexions, including pale.
- Liv It Up (cream) – Inspired by Liv Tyler. A pretty velvet rosebud, that’s inspired by Liv’s signature hybrid of both rock ‘n’ roll and ethereal beauty. It’s a ballet pink that looks amazing worn with a sexy, smokey eye.
- Bosworth’s Beauty (matte) – Inspired by Kate Bosworth. This statement pink is 1950’s retro vintage glamour brought into modern day. Inspired by Kate’s mesmerising, timeless look that straddles two beauty worlds, this bright pink can encompass Old Hollywood elegance, but also feel effortlessly fresh at a festival.
- Tell Laura (matte) – Inspired by Laura Bailey. Laura is the ultimate bright, bohemian British beauty. I like to think of her immersed in an English secret garden in summertime, or as the quintessential, cool, Portobello girl. This fresh geranium red encapsulates her irreverent, fun, eclectic style!
- Kim K.W. (cream) – Inspired by Kim Kardashian-West. Kim is the queen of the nude lip, and this vintage-inspired pale pink nude makes lips look instantly fuller, and irresistible. Kim is a modern day icon, and when she wears this colour, she evokes the 1960’s tartlets like Racquel Welsh and Sophia Loren.
The four existing shades that become part of the Hot Lips range are:
- Sexy Sienna (matte) – Inspired by Sienna Miller, a golden coral to partner with sun-kissed skin.
- Nude Kate (cream) – The iconic biscuit-beige hue originally mixed for Kate Moss, it’s the ultimate lipstick for every rock chick!
- Very Victoria (matte) – Inspired by Victoria Beckham, a suede, taupe nude for those who buck the trend like Brigitte Bardot.
- Penelope Pink (cream) – This seductive, nude-y pink perfectly mimics the natural hue of your lips but better, it is inspired by the ultimate Dolce Vita beauty: Penelope Cruz.
They have been repackaged in the angular bullet shape engraved with a kiss.
The two new shades I’ve been enjoying are Kim K.W. and Bosworth’s Beauty.
First of all can we talk about how sexy these lipsticks look? The classy rose gold packaging, the angular shaped lipstick bullets that are engraved with a kiss. They just look so sophisticated and luxe.
Kim Kardashian-West obviously has a very different skin tone than I do but I still had very high hopes for this new shade. One of my big beauty missions is finding nude lipstick shades with a pink undertone that maintain that pink hue on my lips and don’t pull peachy or brown. Kim K.W. has exceeded my expectations. It pink undertone is actually accentuated on my lips and I am officially obsessed with this stunning nude shade in the beautiful, hydrating Charlotte Tilbury cream Fallen from the Lipstick Tree formula.
Bosworth’s Beauty is a stunning bright pink and I adore the Luminous Modern-Matte lipstick formula. It is actually one of the very few matte lipstick formulas I like. They offer intense colour payoff but with an incredibly lightweight feel and a beautiful soft matte finish. Bosworth’s Beauty is a bold pop of colour that manages not to be too garish. I am usually too reserved to wear such a bright shade on my lips but this one is so lovely that I think I will actually find myself reaching for it.
Here are swatches of the two new shades along along with Penelope Pink which I already had in my collection. Penelope Pink is a beautiful nude pink that pulls more warm/peachy than Kim K.W. All three lipsticks have been paired with the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillowtalk ($27 CAD/$22 US). This is one of my favourite lip liners. The shade is a beautiful natural nude pink that pairs well with so many lipstick shades. The formula incredibly long wearing and applies with a smooth creamy texture.
Are you a Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick fan? Are you excited to try out any of these new celebrity inspired shades?
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.