April is Rosacea Awareness Month. Awareness is something greatly needed, as according to the National Rosacea Society (NRS), at least 16 million Americans currently suffer from rosacea. 95% of those sufferers have little knowledge of the condition’s signs or symptoms before being diagnosed. While rosacea is a common condition it can be tough to treat because it causes so many different symptoms, which are often addressed separately, with a variety of mediations. Wouldn’t it be nice to have one product that could treat, prevent, and stabilize the myriad of symptoms of rosacea?
The new ZO® Medical Rozatrol™ from ZO® Skin Health Inc. may be just that product. The breakthrough formula simultaneously addresses all five key symptoms of rosacea with an advanced, patent-pending complex of technologies and ingredients formulated to address each the major symptoms; Inflammation, decreased cellular renewal, excess oil, vascular degeneration, and neuro-aging.
- Inflammation Modulation Complex helps reduce visible signs of redness. Cells are allowed to resume their normal proliferation, aid in the reduction of sensitivity, help restore the skin’s barrier function, as well as defend against UV-induced inflammation.
- Innovative, ultra-mild Enzymatic Exfoliator gently exfoliates dry skin to reduce redness and trigger cell renewal and alleviate the appearance of papules and pustules, thickened skin, and localized areas of pigmentation.
- Triple Blend Sebum Controller normalizes skin by reducing oil production and also contains antibacterial properties that limit the microorganism activity that can lead to inflammation.
- New blood vessels are formed as a result of potent amino acids, which also help skin combat moisture loss and promote microcirculation to even skin tone and restore a radiant complexion.
- Hydrolyzed algin, a soothing and restorative compound derived from algae, reenergizes derma cells, restores and stabilizes normal cellular regeneration to improve skin texture, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Rozatrol™ gives you the ability to effectively treat all of the irritating and unsightly symptoms of rosacea with a single product that is a pleasure to use. The product has the texture of a light lotions and has no detectable fragrance. More an unscented kind of scent if that makes sense. It absorbs quickly and leaves no residue or tackiness behind meaning it performs as beautifully in the morning under makeup as it does in the evenings. I am starting to notice the texture and tone of my biggest trouble area on my chin improve quite a bit.
The star ingredients are:
- Lactose, milk protein, brassica oleracea italica extract: Helps minimize the appearance of skin redness
- Farnesyl acetate, farnesol, panthenyl triacetate: Prevents excess sebum production and provide anti-microbial benefits
- Papain: Provides gentle, enzymatic exfoliation to improve skin texture and tone
- ZO-RRS2™: Exclusive plant stem cell complex provides powerful antioxidant protection
- Glycerin: Replenishes hydration
I analyzed the ingredients and there are no nasty bad boys in there. Yay!
Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Palmitoyl Glycine, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lactose, PEG-36 Castor Oil, PEG-12 Glyceryl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Argilla), Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Panthenyl Triacetate, Farnesyl Acetate, Farnesol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Milk Protein/Protéine du lait, Chlorphenesin, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Hydrolyzed Algin, Papain, Marrubium Vulgare Meristem Cell Culture, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Benzalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Lactic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Citric Acid, Lecithin, Algin, Alcohol, Tocopherol.
ZO® Skin Health was founded by world-renowned dermatologist and skincare expert Dr. Zein Obagi. He wanted to offer the latest skincare science in at-home products with in-office strength. Rozatrol™is available for $88 US at zoskinhealth.com and through physicians and dermatologists worldwide.
Its always good when you find a good product with no nasty stuff in it!!
Christa @PerilouslyPale says
I know! Such a relief!
Phyrra Nyx says
I have rosacea. I wonder how this would work for me.
Christa @PerilouslyPale says
If you try it I’d love to hear how it works out!
Thankfully this is not something that affects me but I know how great it is to find something that works for problem areas!